Chapter 4

Everyone is busy preparing for their first day of school this year. Even Tay woke up earlier than usual to make sure that everything was organized since his grandma was not here to help him. She went to Madam Aum's house to help New with his preparation. This will be New's first day of school here in this town. Also, first day in middle school.

Tay like Off, is in ninth grade. This will be his last year as a middle school student. He wasn't excited, but he wasn't feeling lazy today either. Just enough to make him go to school.

The thing is, he's kind of curious about how New will interact with his new classmates, environment, and everything! 

"Taaaaaay!" Tay heard Off's voice outside of their house.

Tay said goodbye to his grandfather before leaving the house in search of Off's bike. Students usually walk from their houses to the school since there is not a single vehicle passing through their street. It's a good thing that Off has a bicycle that will save them so much time and sweat.

"What's today's menu?" Off said, sticking his eyes on the road.

"I'm not going to tell you," Tay answered. "I actually have a lot today," he added.

"So, you could share it with me?"

"No, Grandma told me to share it with New," Tay said. "Do you think it's a good idea?" he asked.

"Of course. New is a good kid. We'll probably need to guide him later since he's new here."

They arrived at school, and Off parked his bicycle.

"How's it going, party people?" asks a guy wearing sunglasses.

"Arm, take that off," Tay said.

He removed his sunglasses and slung them over his shoulder. "Have you heard the news?" he asked. "I heard there's a new student here," Arm added.

"How did you know?" Tay asked.

"Well, I heard boys and girls whispering left and right that there was a new student. Not to mention, he rode a car." Tay definitely knows that New is the one they are talking about. "So, I will gatekeep that person."

"Gatekeep? The transferee is a boy." Off said.

Arm nodded innocently. "I know, why is it a big deal?"

"It's okay for you?" Arm nodded. "He's just 12," Tay added.

"It's not like I'll date him at that age--wait, how did you know?" he shrugged. Tay was about to answer him, but he cut him off with another question. "And why do I feel like you're not liking the idea?" he added, making his eyes as small as he could. Trying to act like an investigator even Off looked at Tay, waiting for his defense.

"Y-You are talking nonsense!" Tay said and walked out when he realized that he couldn't find any words to defend himself.

"Wait for us! I'm just joking!" Arm said.

"What kind of nonsense is he talking about?" Tay murmured while walking fast to make sure that they wouldn't catch up.

"Tay!" he turned out as he heard a woman's voice. It's one of the maids of Madam Aum's. She is holding a tiny black bag. "Good thing, I saw you." She seems to be having trouble with the way she says those words.

"Is there anything wrong?" Tay asked.

"Sir New---" She turned her head behind her. She's scared.

Tay figured out that New was hiding behind her. Not totally hidden, probably not wanting the young boy to see his face.