Chapter 8

"I can't believe that our last class is clean-up duty," New said to himself. He is soaking wet from his sweat. His face was red because of the sun and he is hating it even more because of that. He doesn't know why he should be included in this clean-up for the upcoming festival tomorrow when he already insists on coming. He would rather spend his time in his room facing the four walls than get surrounded they his schoolmates.

The garden area was assigned to all of the first-year seniors. Of course, that made New Furious mad, but it's better than having their last subject. He knows how much that subject teacher despite him and New didn't waste any chance to let the teacher know that he feels the same.

As was mentioned, they were assigned to clean up because there will be an upcoming festival at their school. The school invited some schools from Bangkok, that's why they are preparing for it. This is the way to promote their school and welcome more donations.

Of course, New was alone since he refuse to tag along with his classmates. He was minding his own business when he heard a couple of students talking. He wasn't looking at them but he is surely listening to every word they are saying.

"Isn't that Off Jumpol?" The white skin boy heard the girls talking while swiping the leaves that fell to the ground.

"Yup, doesn't he look cool?" The other girl said, giggling in her skirt.

"He's becoming popular these past few years, don't you think? he's looking fine,"

This time, he stopped and turned his head in the direction where the girls were looking. It's indeed Off. He is playing basketball with his classmates, not far from them. He's wearing a plain white t-shirt that complements his skin and his height, which most girls find ideal. This is the first time he stared this long Off and made him realize something.

"He's handsome," New murmured.

Off would finally shoot the ball and brush off his hair as he turned his eyes toward New, who was busy watching him play but the younger didn't flinch a bit. He is shamelessly showing that he is indeed watching the older boy playing basketball. Off chuckled, waved, and smiled at him. New did the same thing, but he didn't smile. He can't afford to smile in this kind of weather. He's not in the mood but he wasn't that bad not to wave back at him. Off's gaze shifted slightly behind New, and he resumed his game.

"What are you looking at?"

"Off Jumpol," New answered dryly, and turned his head "What are you doing here?" He asked

"Well, I don't have anything to do. They already have enough people to cover up the things we need to do," Tay answered. He's wearing a plain white shirt, too. The tanned boy went to the basketball court and leaned against the chain-link fence. "Ooh woo, I want to play basketball too," Tay said he was sulking about Off not inviting him to play but the taller just smirked at him.

"Yeah, that bastard is playing basketball while girls in our class keep bothering me to do this and that," Out of nowhere, Arm appeared and put his hand on Tay's shoulder watching their friend playing. He then noticed that younger boy behind him, "Hi, good afternoon, New!" flashing his stupid-looking smile at the younger man again.

But he didn't greet him back and roast him instead, "How many times have I told you not to smile like that?"

Arm pouted. "What's wrong with my smile? I think I look cute. If you tell me exactly what's wrong with the way I smile, maybe I'll hit on you—oh!" He groaned after Tay hit him on his stomach.

"Stop bothering him. He's cleaning, can't you see?" Tay said.

"Try to ask Off how to smile," New said. The two shift their gaze at Off. "He had the best smile among you." He added.