Chapter 1:: The Betrothal

Start from the beginning

Your mother had a huge smile plastered on her face while your father sat there, looking at the high-class juice they served

You didn't find this place very warm. It was decorated beautifully and all, but this lacked warmth. Rich things were nice, but not always did they have the warmth little things in life did. 

You missed the US sometimes, even though your uncles were powerful, you lived in a normal house and with a normal upbringing. Of course, there were luxuries and so did your home here, but this Palace was extravagant... too much for you. 

The maids served some food and left as the Queen entered not too late. You smiled a little seeing her smile. She was so attractive. You wondered how the King did his duties properly while having such a beautiful wife. Wasn't he just... crazy in love or something? But that wasn't your concern. 

"Prince Taehyung shall come soon." The Queen sat down as you looked at the food, nodding. So... his name was Taehyung. Surname? Kim, of course. Kim Taehyung. 
You smiled a little, looking down when you heard footsteps entering the room. Was he here? 
You looked up when your eyes met a pair of deep brown ones. And a shiver ran down your spine. Gosh... so cold. 
Those eyes were the eyes of an icy tiger, not a gentle human. You swallowed and looked at him again. He was staring back at you.

Permed raven hair, a royal black suit laced with off-white silk material, honey-glazed skin and that beautiful pair of eyes... you were quite smitten. He was beautiful. 
"Hello. I'm Prince Taehyung." He said, bowing politely to your parents who had gotten up, bowing back. You didn't even take a hint of your surroundings, busy staring at the man in front of you but hearing your mother's coughs, got up and nodded your head a little.
"I'm Y/N... Min Y/N." 
The guy had been staring at you for the past 2 minutes the way you had been staring at him. You looked at your clothes, smoothing your sweaty palms over your skirt, suddenly feeling self-aware. 

He cleared his throat as the Queen introduced you both, letting him sit across from you. You looked at anywhere but him. On the other hand, Taehyung was staring at you unbothered by the presence of many people in the room. 
He didn't stare at you in a bad way, simply staring blankly. As if he was wondering something... or taking in your face. 
He stared at you fiddling with your fingers while your legs shook slightly, but you tried to stop it every time. You wore a beautiful floral frock which was formal. A pearl necklace shone on your neck while your trembling lips were coated in slight pink lipstick. 

He noticed everything and looked down, tapping his thigh calmly. He looked away hearing his mother chuckled, "Kids... you could talk among yourselves. I'll let the maid escort you to our new garden. It's beautiful and the aroma of the flowers is pleasing as well." 
You got up along with Taehyung, who cleared his throat, nodding. Your mother smiled at you as you sighed.
"Where's His Majesty?" Your father asked as the queen looked down, smiling slightly. Taehyung rolled his eyes, facing the other side. He thought no one saw but you did. You stared at him, blinking cluelessly as he glanced at you, walking away quickly. He was embarrassed... caught in 4K after all.