Chapter 59 - Please

Preston's POV

**** 2 Months Later ****

The steady beeping of a heart monitor woke me up from my restless sleep. My eyes slowly opened up, seeing the brightly painted white room. I lifted my head to see the sight that broke my heart more everyday. Rob was in a plastic green hospital gown, laying down in a white hospital bed. Small clear needles were inserted in his stomach and a thick bandage was wrapped around his head.

My throat started dry as tears were dwelling at the sides of my eyes. How did it come to this? I brought my hand to my mouth to keep from the tear felt groans. A slight groan started coming out of my mouth as I felt tears slide town my already stained face. Why wasn't I there to protect you?

How could a person hate someone so much to put them at the brick of life and death? How could a human put someone in the hospital who cares for others more than themselves? Slight cries escaped out of my mouth as my body started to shake from the all of the continuos tears. It's all my fault.

**** Flashback To Rob's Birthday ****

"I know what you came here to see.
If you're a freak, then ya coming home with me.
An I know what you cam here to do.
Now bust it open lest me see you get low.
It's going down for real.
It's going down for real"

Music was pumping through neon speakers, making the bass seem louder and louder after each verse. The room was dark but was light up by the multi colored lights moving all round the room. Teenagers was dancing and grinding amongst each other. Girls were on girls, boys were on boys, and Girls were on boys. It's like a big standing never ending orgy.

"Your girl just kissed a girl.
I do bi chicks
Shake for a sheik
I'm throwing these Emirates in the sky
Spending this A-salamu alaykum
Peace to M.O.N.E.Y
I love my beaches, south beaches."

My finger tips ran across the small wrapped box in my pocket. Each time I felt the box nerves shook through my head, but It's also sends me hope. I'm going to give it to him after the party, or maybe a bit later tonight if I can work up enough courage. Where is Rob? I haven't seen him since school.

"Surfboard in high tide
I could just roll up
Cause I'm swole up
So that birthday care get the cobra
Bugatti for real, I'm cold bruh.
That auto-biography rover
Got the key to my city it's over
It's no thots, only Anna Kournikova's
I set record, ratchets hold up
I set records, ratchets hold up"

There were two DJ's on the stage, controlling the music and the lights. Bartenders were making adrenaline filled drinks and dancing along to the music. I'm glad i wore a a short sleeved shirt, If i didn't I probably would have seat stained spots in random places everywhere. The sweat wouldn't even be mine. Who wears a sweater to a party anyway?

I had decided to wear a fitted Dark blue shirt, because it's Rob's favorite color. Form the looks of it people were wearing blue, white, grey, or silver to fit Rob's favorite colors. The lights matched everyones attire but were in different shades. Maybe someone know's were Rob is? I looked over to see Lachlan at the bar drinking out of a red cup. Perhaps he knows where he is?

"I know what you came here to see
If you're a freak, then ya coming home with me
And I know what you came here to do
Now bust it open let me see you get low
It's going down for real
It's going down for real"

I walked over to Lachlan and sat besides him. Lachlan chugged down his drink and asked for another.

"Is there anything I could get you?"