Chapter 20

It was the Saturday after the big (accidental) reveal. Tim was sitting on his couch, Lucy cuddled up under his arm, Kojo sitting on her feet. They were watching a new cooking competition Lucy liked and insisted they watch together. Tim grumbled but actually loved watching it with her. She got so invested in her favorite contestants – last week she had cried when someone she was rooting for had been voted off.

The show ended and Lucy stretched and looked up at Tim. "Didn't Cheryl do so well in the final challenge? I know she could do it." Tim looked down and kissed her gently, still so amazed that he was allowed to kiss Lucy Chen whenever he wanted. He didn't think he could ever grow tired of it.

She angled her body towards him and deepened the kiss. The chemistry between them had been building for weeks and Tim wanted her with a physical hunger. When she broke the kiss, he ached for her but just smiled and ran his hand over her hair. She got up off the couch and held out her hand. When he stood up from the couch, she kissed him deeply. "Come on," she said, and started to lead him back to his bedroom.

"Are you sure? I know you wanted to wait." Tim was pretty sure he wanted to be with Lucy more than he had ever wanted anything. But he really didn't want to mess things up with them. And he was willing to wait as long as it took to have it be the exact right time.

Lucy chuckled at him and pulled him in for another kiss. "We've waited. And I just can't wait anymore. I've wanted you for so long."

"Oh Lucy, me too." Tim buried his face in her neck before picking her up so she could wrap her legs around his waist, propelling them both more quickly to the bedroom. Once they got there, he laid her gently on the bed. He pulled back so he could look down at her. Having her here was everything he had ever wanted. He couldn't hold back the words any more. "I love you, Lucy. It's always been you. Since the very beginning."

Lucy started to cry and reached out her arms to him. "I love you too. It's never been like this with anyone else." She pulled him down towards her and he kissed away her tears before returning to her mouth.

Their kisses grew deeper and Lucy tugged off Tim's shirt. He ran his hands over her body, taking his time undressing her. He had thought about this for so long and he wanted to make sure he remembered every moment.

At last, they were naked and pressed together, everything a blur of sweat and heat and touch. Lucy moaned gently and tried to pull him even closer, "Please Tim" she begged, almost incoherent with desire. Tim kissed her deeply and then moved his lips to her ear "I love you; I love you." He repeated the words like a benediction as their bodies finally came together.