Chapter 13

"I guess.." Tim trailed off, desperately wanting to not mess this up, when he was so close to something he wanted so much. "I guess we figure it out when you get back? And for now we keep talking?"

"I think I can mange that." Said Lucy with a smile in her voice.

And for the rest of the weekend that was pretty much what they did. Lucy had some seminars Sunday and Tim managed to run some errands but other than that they spent a lot of time talking on the phone. The conversations didn't change much, they talked a lot about work and her school and watched a couple of movies together, but the amount was different. Tim found himself wanting to talk about his feelings but thought that was better saved until he saw her in person in two weeks.

When he got to work on Monday he was exhausted from staying on the phone with Lucy until one in the morning but felt the happiest he had in a long time.

Humming to himself (was that really who he had turned into with Lucy?) he filled up his coffee before the morning briefing. Turning around he found Angela standing only a few inches away from him.

"Timothy," she said, drawing the name out impossibly long, "what's going on with you?"

Tim tried once again to back away, but she blocked the door to the kitchen with her body. "Didn't we already have this conversation last week? And we agreed there was nothing going on with me?"

"I don't remember agreeing to that. And anyway, this is a new weird thing. Were you just humming? You don't hum." She leveled him with a firm look while her eyes flicked around his face. He wanted to tell her, hell he wanted to shout it to the whole station, but he and Lucy were only talking, and they hadn't discussed how they were going to handle things at work.

He looked behind her and say people streaming into the briefing room. "We should go – briefing's starting!" he dodged past her and headed into the briefing. When she came in and stood in the back next to him she murmured "We're not through Timothy."