Chapter 19

Tim and Lucy had been semi secretly dating for a few weeks. They tried to act normal when they were at work, but it was so hard. Every time Tim saw Lucy, he just wanted to be near her and to touch her. He was constantly holding himself back from taking her hand or running his fingers through her hair.

They knew they needed to let people at work know, and to fill out the necessary HR paperwork, but right now it was nice just having their own little world. Except for the occasionally knowing glance from Angela, and her new tendency to shout across the bull pen "Hi Tim, hi Lucy, what's new with you two?!" it seemed like no one else knew what was going on between them.

Until that Tuesday, anyway.

Tim and Lucy were still taking it slow, which was good in theory but very hard to do in reality. Tim had started to feel like his skin was buzzing whenever he was near Lucy and he wanted to be touching her all the time. Tuesday morning, they were both headed to the armory to check out their bags for the day. As they walked together, talking quietly, the backs of their hands brushed together.

That brief touch was enough to send a jolt through Tim. He turned and looked at Lucy and could see she felt it too. He looked around and saw they were alone in the hall. Tim turned his hand and grabbed hers, pulling her behind him into a nearby storage closet.

The second they were alone his lips came crashing down on hers, his fingers threaded through her hair. She pressed her body against his, running her hands over his back

Tim pushed Lucy up against the door wanting more contact, more skin, just more Lucy. He ran his hands over his body, wanting nothing more that to take off both of their unforms so he could feel her skin. His lips trailed down her neck, and he heard her moan softly as he gently sucked the sensitive spot behind her ear.

Suddenly the door was pulled open and the two of them tumbled out and onto the ground. Tim was able to rotate enough so that he absorbed most of the shock, with Lucy landing on top of him. He was startled and it took a moment for him to look around. When he did, he saw at least a dozen of his coworkers staring at them as they lay on top on each other on the floor.

"I knew it!" a yell came from the bullpen. Aaron was pointing at them and looking around at the other officers. "I told you all they were dating! They were both way too happy lately!"

Another officer chimed in "Everyone knew it. Don't act like we haven't all been saying it."

Other voices joined in, "I saw them making out in the parking lot!" "I've seen them out on like ten dates." "They were holding hands by the coffee machine!" Well, maybe they hadn't been quite as subtle as they had thought.

"Well, I for one am shocked. Chen and Bradford? Shocked!" It was hard to take Angela seriously since she was laughing as she said it.

"Don't lie, you told me about them a week ago!" Nyla chimed in.

"Shocked!" said Angela insistently, before breaking into peals of laughter.

At the back of the room, someone cleared his throat and both Tim and Lucy swiveled to look at Grey, who was staring at them, having obviously heard everything. They scrambled to get up and both started talking at the same time. "Sir, I can explain." "Sir, I apologize."

Grey held up a hand to stop them. "As you may now realize, you two dating is not exactly the secret you thought it was. Make sure you fill out the proper paperwork before the end of the day. And congratulations. Now everyone get back to work!"