Moving

We've been sitting at a cafe for a while now. Damian's casually chilling opposite of you and you keep staring at your arm. What happened back there? Why couldn't you control it? Why?

"We need to talk kid." You looked up. He scratched his chin and adjusted his hair. You knew where this conversation was heading and you knew the consequences.

"Yeah, I know. I messed up."

"Oh don't worry about it. I don't know what I expected when I sent an early post metamorphosis kid into an active war zone."

He chuckled and took a sip of the coffee. He's awfully chill. You thought that he would give you the world's most painful ass chewing, but he's just been sitting there, menacingly.

"What are you talking about? Wait. Were you spying on me?"

"No, I would never. I asked Blaze to spy on you."

"So you know what happened."

"Roughly."

"How roughly?" The moment you finished he took an another sip throwing his feet onto the table to the disapproval of the waitress.

"Well I know that your gf and her sister got into a pretty heated argument putting you into an impossible spot where you had to chose between your girlfriend, her sister and your brother. That placed and extreme amount stress onto you resulting into you tapping into your demonic powers."

"Wait, so my arm wasn't reacting to the tension, but my own emotions?"

"Of course not. You were reacting to the tension and your arm reacted to you reacting." He took an another loud sip.

"I see. Will it happen again?"

"What?"

"Will I lose control again?"

"Oh yeah, plenty of times." You averted your gaze. This was it. You couldn't trust yourself anymore. You sank your head into your arms thinking what to do now.

"Whoa. Get your head up kid. I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was that you'll lose control on a controlled basis. Wait, that doesn't make sense. Listen you can't just disappear into the jungle and never meet a human again. I mean you can but that would be lame." He finished the coffee and waved at the waitress to bring him an another. He than sat down properly and looked you in the eyes.

"You're just discovering your powers, so you can't blame yourself for every little accident."

"But I could have hurt them. I could hurt her. How am I supposed to live with such monstrous power? It's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible kid. Don't worry. With proper training you'll be in control of your abilities in no time. I mean you're no longer seeing the world in the IR spectrum and your ears calmed down as well. Am I right?"

You froze. He was right. Your sight and hearing both returned to normal now that you've calmed down. A glimpse of hope returned to your eyes as Damian's genuine smile soothed your mind.

"Listen if you're scared that you could hurt someone I have an offer for you. A while ago I saved a relatively rich man-"

"Could that be Nakano-san?"

"No, that was Novermber of '97. This one I saved in 1985."

"How old are you dude?"

"Oh I was born back when the third doctor was still flying Tardis."

"Wait." You pulled up your cellphone and one quick search later you were sitting there with your mouth agape staring at Damian.

"Y-You're in your late forties?"