Vision

[Y/N's POV]:

You were somewhere. You didn't know where, but you felt as if you were floating in a body of lukewarm water. You heard snippets of voices from your memories but you weren't able to understand a single one of them. Two objects raced on what you assumed was the sky desperately trying to catch one another. You stood up and walked. You were walking on the surface of a lake passing by many spectral doorways that you had zero clue where they led. You arrived at a crossroads and in front of you were three doorways. Something told you you had to choose but you didn't know which one to choose.

Suddenly you heard voices overlaid one over the other. All of them called to you but you had no idea what they wanted from you. Their voices got louder and louder trying to tell you something but you didn't understand. You covered your ears but it didn't help at all. You were at your wit's end before you heard a familiar voice. It resonated with your heart and although you didn't understand what it was saying you know who it was. It was her voice. All the other voices settled down and you followed her voice entering the door it came from. Suddenly it all went quiet and you stood atop a building. It was your city alright but something was off. You looked down and realized it. You were older.

You examined your clothing. You wore long ripped up jeans and military boots. You had a blue leather jacket, a red hoodie and a butterfly shaped necklace peaking from under your hoodie's collar. You tried reaching for it when you noticed it. You wore a glove. You didn't understand why so you tried taking it off before stopping and instead you roll up your sleeve. The glove extended all the way to your elbow where it wrapped up under an elbow guard. You tried fidgeting around with it to see if you could remove it, but unfortunately you were unable to. Instead you finally noticed a shoulder strap going past your right shoulder. You followed it up when your hand stumbled upon a large object held up by the shoulder strap. And then you realised it. It was an over the shoulder back scabbard and inside it laid holstered a sword. You tried unsheathing it but to no avail. Running your hand down your back you found a second thing. This time a holster and inside it a revolver.

"Armed and dangerous. That's new."

You were about to try and pull out the weapon when your phone rang. You panicked a bit but then mustered up your courage and reached out for it. When you did everything turned to white and suddenly you were at a completely different place in completely different clothes. You wore a black two piece suit. The blade and revolver were nowhere to be seen yet the glove on your right arm remained.

"Am I going to a wedding or something?"

"Oh there you are."

You turned around and holy Jesus. In front of you stood Nino, but older more mature. She wore a beautiful blue dress complimented by a pair of heels. Her bust now leaned more into an e cup rather than a d cup and her hair was now a little shorter with two streaks running over each of her shoulders. You didn't know what to say or what to do. She approached closer and closer until she jumped into your arms which surprised you way less than when your arms moved on their own.

"Sorry I'm late." hearing your own voice was weird. Much so hearing an older more mature version of your voice.

"I didn't say that."

"Trouble at work?" she asked burrowing her head into your, his, future you's chest.

"Oh quite the contrary, I managed to score that million dollar job. If everything goes right the house is ours."

"Really? No way! That's amazing news darling. You know what that means?"

"Remind me again. What have I been striving forward all these years?"