Shadows of the past

[Y/N's POV]:

Tired, I sat at the family table pondering about events prior. The earlier reveal of my relationship with Nino got really mixed responses. Ichika was stunned as expected. I had my bets on the fact that she was just teasing Nino and dissmissing the fact based on my first encounter with Nino. The realization that she might have been right all this time sure must have been quite a shocker. 

Nino was a different story. Even though we agreed on revealing our relationship to our siblings after the midterms, she couldn't but help to elaborate on the fact that we only go out from time to time and that we aren' t boyfriend girlfriend level quite yet. Something along those lines, with panicky motions and stutters from time to time. Honestly she was quite cute. 

Miku seemed to be deep in her thoughts and only now have I realised that she might have been thinking of the new opportunities this opens for her. That be stuff related to my brother I presume. Only time can tell I guess. 

Yotsuba on the outside seemed oblivious as usual at first, and once she realised the true weight of this situation, began to tease Nino saying that she must marry me, so she could be Raiha's sister-in-law. Oh and she did it in the most Yotsuba way known to man. There will be a day when I'll finally come to understand her, but until that day comes, I have to dismiss it as Yotsuba being Yotsuba. 

The worst reaction I think we got from Itsuki. She seemed speechless at first, only after a while proclaiming that teacher and student should never have this sort of a relationship and what I have with Nino is unacceptable in the accademical field. Oh and something along the lines of that she knew from the start that this was going to happen, mentioning that time I saved Nino from those falling books.

First things first, I'm a student, just like Nino. Even though a bit older I'm still 17, just like Nino. Jesus Chirst I even share my class with Nino. But fair enough, student teacher relationships are usually frowned upon. Still, there have been sweet situations of a student asking his teacher out, being rejected, trying again years later and succeeding. Pretty sure dad had a classmate like that, and she's been living happily with that guy ever since. Have to visit them again soon, those two are a cute couple and I get the bonus catching up with Jess.

I looked down at my food. That's so me to think of a solution to an argument hours after it had happened. I sighed. If only had I said it back then. To be fair, I was stunned by Itsuki's words. I expected a negative response sooner or later, but not like this. It's like after all these experiences she still viewed me as nothing more than a tutor. To her surprise Nino was quick to react and boy oh boy must that have been a frightening experience for her. I'm not saying that Nino went yandere, but holy shit was she fierce. I mean she had no mercy and destroyed any argument that Itsuki put up. After she almost verbally murdered Isuki she took my hand and officially "claimed" me as hers. And Fuutarous reaction was, well...

few hours earlier

With Nino basically attached to mi right arm I smiled. With a rock this size off my chest, I was finally able to relax a bit. I still didn't know what was ahead of us, but as a wise man once said, live in the moment. Present makes the future, so don't waste any moment you've got on this big rock. Since we were the center of everyone's attention at the moment I chuckled and made some small talk. What I haven't realised was that my brother wasn't really paying any attention to this ruckus. Instead he was going over our result sheets and smiling. Yeah bro, I'm proud of them too. When out of nowhere.

Fuutarou: So how did you do on the midterms brother?

I sweatdropped.

Y/N: I did fine.

Fuutarou: Really, then you don't mind if I'd take a look at your results.

I got to get out of here. I held the report sheet behind me and started slowly backing out.