Q and A

Hey guys! So like I promised I'm hosting a Q and A!

All weekend, today, tomorrow, and Sunday I'll be answering your questions!

It can be anything you want and yes spoilers are welcome.

So if you haven't finished the book LEAVE SPOILER WARNING.

SPOILER WARNING

You've been warned.

Post all of your questions about the previous three books (And the Fourth book about Milada if you'd like) here and come back occasionally because I will be updating this page with your questions and answers!

You guys loved it last time so I figured you might want to do it again!

Before you guys forget please make the transition over to the Illean Lady because after this Q and A I'm shutting this down for good!

Also, follow @theilleanfanfics on Ig because that's where you're going to get the scoop on everything! I'm on IG more than Wattpad so you'll be finding out early.

Love you guys!

XOXO Lilly

Questions:

@selectionfangirl asked: I don't remember if the castes are still around in your fanfic and I don't think they are. But if there were castes what caste would Milada be in?

I wrote this story around 6 months before the Heir came out so yes there are castes in the beginning. However, as the story progresses the castes get knocked off one by one.

I forgot in which book, I think Yours Truly, Milada mentions how Sixes are no longer the lowest of the low because Six and FIve have been eliminated. She mentions how that if she went home her father would technically now be Four like Emilie and Leslie.

 In the Illean Lady Milada's father's side of the family have been in Illea longer than her mother's side. Milada's mother's side came from Greece only around 25 years ago. Her father's side used to be from Fours and they have family from Greece too.

I'll be getting into detail about that once she's selected and hopefully I can clear a few things up :) Thank you for your question!

@reading2k4 asked: Who was the boy Milada used to date?

His name was Terrance. He was an asshole, kind of. As of the chapters in The Illean Lady Milada has an extremely strong character and in a relationship she needs a hardcore man to be able to handle her. Terrance was lazy, and liked to flirt around with other girls, plus he was just too much of a weak guy in general and not in the cute vulnerable way. What really ended the relationship was when he signed up to be a guard (no you guys won't be seeing him EVER) and Milada decided she wanted a career rather than to settle down in a few years the way he did.

@warriorforgod777 asked: Oh great Empress God of Plot Twists (I effin love you XD) are you going to give your loyal subjects more of a wild rollercoaster of feels with the Illean Lady?

Oh Hell yeah. I haven't even written the outline yet and just thinking about what is going to happen made me cry.

The thing with Milada is I did a lot of exploring with Allie and I didn't really know what I was doing. Allie taught me a lot of what I needed to know. Now I'm ready for Milada and her story. Everything with Allie lead up to Milada.

With Milada don't expect romance and a fairytale. With her my goal is to tell a modern love story in it's truest and rawest form. I literally already cried while writing some notes for Milada. Buckle up guys.

@royally_intertwined asked: Other then The Selection itself, where did you get the idea for your story?

That's really hard because literally everything revolves around The Selection. I can say however that I'm a die hard romantic and I love exploring all kinds of love stories. Usually in romances it's the male that's cold and distance but physically intimate and the female is more of the romantic one.

So I thought why not reverse the roles? That's why Allie is so cold and distant. Even when she admits she loves Will she doesn't get into a ten chapter speech of her undying love for him and doesn't go super far to show it. She's quiet and modest in the way she loves.

 A lot of Allie stuff came from actual Selections I helped host or participated in on IG. Crazy huh? And then of course while reading The Selection I though to myself well what if America was canned? What if Marlee actually loved Maxon? What would I do if I was in a real selection?

AND THEN ALLIE WAS CONCEIVED.

Hope that answered your question :)