Chapter Twenty One

"Now," Adsila settled her gaze on us. "For you charity project."

A collective groan went through the room and Adsila rolled her eyes then disregarded us. I closed up my note book after finishing with my notes and waited for her to continue. Class with Adsila lost it's fun when Ora was eliminated but sitting with Tiny and Krystal gave me a certain kind of comfort. Cecilia sat closest to Adsila and I was glad. I clenched my jaw when I noticed her doodling in her book. Her happiness was starting to grate my nerves.

"There is five of you so unfortunately no groups. You're going to come up with a project that will benefit Illea. Whether that be set up better schools, orphanages, or solar energy, whatever! And whoever has the best idea we will do the Friday before you leave for the holiday."

Cecilia raised her hand. "It can be anything?"

Adsila nodded. "Anything."

Krystal looked at her watch. "Oh! 1:30!" she jumped out of her chair. "Goodbye!"

Adsila opened her mouth to yell at Krystal but she just rolled her eyes and laughed. Adsila turned her head to us and waved at us, dismissing us. I gathered my books and smiled at Tiny.

"Want to go for a walk?" I asked her.

After all these months Tiny is still a bit timid. "Oh no, I have to get back to my room. I'm reading a book."

I smiled and rubbed her shoulder. "Next time then."

Tiny smiled at me and I stepped out of the room. I held my book closely to my chest and immediately I knew the kind of project I wanted to do. Before entering the selection my dream was to become a doctor. Now is my chance to raise awareness about the lack of proper health care under privileged people are receiving.

Ever since the last cast was knocked down and Illea was divided into Ones and Twos people have begun to blend in more easily. Now's the time to start fixing the hospitals. I couldn't count the amount of times I heard of poor people dying because they couldn't afford the medical care they needed.

"Alessandra!"

I turned around and saw Cecilia stepping out of the classroom. She rushed down the hallways to meet up with me and I wondered how she made running look so bloody lady like in that dress. She stopped in front of me and we both looked at each other for a moment until she looked down and I pressed my lips together.

"Can we talk?"
"Isn't that what we're doing?"

Cecilia opened her mouth to speak but decided against it then nodded. She straightened out her back and spoke with clarity. "You stopped speaking to me."

This time I looked down. "You stopped speaking to me."

Cecilia looked almost saddened and she tilted her head to the side. "I thought we were friends."

"I thought we were best friends I told her."

When I looked back I was shocked to see her eyes were glossing over. Was the fact that we had stopped speaking hurt her so deeply?

"You know, don't you?"

I turned away from her. "I know nothing."

"Alessandra."

I gritted my teeth and looked at her. Right when I was ready to blow my top her expression changed and I bit my tongue.

"I love him," she spat out plainly. "And I don't care what anyone has to say or what anyone thinks."

"I guess everything is just up for grabs now, isn't it Cecilia?" I said harshly.

She glared at me. "Why do you even care?" she demanded. "You never even wanted to be here in the first place!"

"You know what they say," I said silkily. "All's fair in love and war."

Cecilia nearly stepped back and she blinked in astonishment. "Are you declaring war on me?" when I didn't reply to her she clenched her fists and put on a serious face. The face of a woman fighting for what she wants. "I love him. And I will fight for him. I will win."

I didn't know why Cecilia's ridiculous claim over Will bothered me so much but all I knew was that it turned me so bitter I wanted to spit up. I took a step toward her and leaned in carefully. I may be nice and quiet but I was the most terrifying thing in the world when I wanted to be.

"Unlike you I don't need to win his heart. I already have it. The only reason this selection isn't over is because I'm in control." I stepped back and looked at her one last time. "I didn't know this was a war. Game on."

I turned around and walked away feeling the fire burn through my fingertips. I don't give a damn whether she loves him or not. I may be angry with Will but one thing that I deeply hated about myself, something I'd never admit, was this burning jealously I had inside my heart. I hated the fact that Will was in the arms of other women the entire time I've known him. It drove me mad. She thinks she's going to end up with the ring on her finger?

We'll see about that.

-

-

-

Queen badass in the house.

Allie is my spirit animal and this story keeps taking turns. From the looks of it it seems like she's going to fight for Will. but is it for the right reasons?

Hmmmmm

Have a great day and hopefully I'll update again today!

A huge shoutout to Makayla @kid-in-disguise my beautiful friend who reached 100k reads! I could not be more proud of her!

XOXO Lilly