Chapter Thirty One

I sat in front of my mirror untangling my long hair reciting my speech to Will over and over again in my head. I let out a deep breath and tried committing it to memory.

Being at the hospital today was so wonderful. It made me realize how much I missed being back home. The kids were wonderful! Speaking of kids...

 I groaned. I sucked at speeches. I tried a different angle and kept going over it over and over again in my head until-

There was a knock on my door and Will stepped inside.

"Will-" I put my brush down and got up to walk over to me but he put his hands up. I blinked a few times.

"I wanted to tell you something first. I know how much you like to get a mouthful in." I laughed and he walked over to me taking my hands in his. "You did marvelous today. The children clung to you like a magnet. You were a natural."

"Seeing all of them smile was..." he shook his head and touched his hart. "Priceless. It meant the world to me that you did that."

"Really?"

Will nodded. "It's a favorite hospital of mine to visit. It made me happy they all loved you."

"We should go back."

Will nodded. "We should. Sometime. In the future."

In the future.

"I had something I wanted to talk about,"I started.

He nodded and we sat down on the edge of my bed. "I'm all ears."

I looked at him thoughtfully before beginning. "I want to do something for them. This little girl, Naya, lost all of her because of treatment. She's only 6. I thought that maybe we could start a movement of sorts in Illea. People could cut their hair and donate it to the children in the hospitals and..."

I stopped unsure of whether or not to continue but Will seemed...happy. So I continued.

"It would mean a lot to them."

Will sat there just looking at me and I started to wonder what he could possibly be looking at. I was tempted to turn around and see if there was an angel or something behind me but I knew there wasn't. There was just me and I couldn't see what was so fascinating with me.

Will kissed my hands. "I think that's a marvelous idea."

I beamed. "Wonderful. I always wondered what I'd look like with short hair."

He froze. "What?"

"Well," i picked up my hair. "I won't cut it all but I-"

"You're cutting your hair?" he asked perplexed.

"Of course."

"But I love your hair the way it is." he told me. "I couldn't imagine you any different...it would look so strange."

"I want to."

"I wish you wouldn't."

"Well I am."

"Could I beg you not to?" he pleaded.

I stood up. "Are we really going to fight over something so ridiculous."

"Of course not-!"

"Great," I opened up the suitcase that was on the bed. "I have to finish packing. We're leaving tomorrow evening."

"Alessa-"

"Will."

Will let out a deep breath and looked at me. I didn't want to be angry with but if he wanted me to be with him the stupid comments needed to stop. If I wanted to shave my head bold I would. The worse part of it was was that Will made me feel bad about wanting to cut my hair and I almost didn't want to do it anymore. And I wanted to cut my hair because I wanted Naya to have hair. MY hair would grow back.

She may not even live long enough to see an inch grow back.

"Do not be angry with me."

I looked away and started folding shirts. "I'm not mad."

He chuckled. "I say this is an improvement. We've managed not to brake things or slam doors."

I burst into laughter abruptly and smacked my hand over my mouth. Seeing that he'd made me laugh Will smiled and wrapped and arm around me.

"Stop being mad." he said and kissed my cheek. "Good night my darling."

"Good night my pain in the ass."

-

-

-

I JUST SHIP THEM SO HARD (INSERT HYSTERICALLY CRYING EMOJI)

XOXO Lilly