Chapter Twenty Four

Will

Will, in his entire life, had never seen another woman look so sexy in a black dress before.

Ever.

Alessa stood on the other side of the room and seemed to be deep in conversation with Ora. Will hadn't even noticed Cecilia walk in, he was so concentrate on Alessa.

Her stunning, long dark hair was done in a clean vintage hair do and Will noticed she had no make up, not like she ever needed it anyway, but it looked like she did. For some reason her cheeks looked rosier, her lips fuller, and her lashes longer and darker.

She stood elegantly with a straight back and she looked regal. She looked like a queen even though she was wearing nothing but a simple black dress. Will imagined how lovely she would look with a tiara on her head.

He caught sight of Cecilia passing by Alessa and Ora and how they all looked awkward. Except Ora, of course. She boldly looked at Cecilia and Will almost wanted to laugh.

She and Godfrey truly were a match made in heaven.

They balanced each other out.

Will wanted to go over to Alessa but he noticed her facial expression changed and she didn't look up for a conversation. He had sent Beverly home the day before and he felt awfully guilty. Will should have eliminated Cecilia because here was the thing.

Alessa may have hated Beverly far more but it was Cecilia that posed a threat and it was Cecilia that made her feel insecure. Not Beverly.

He felt guilty because he kept Cecilia for all the long reasons. Though he loved Alessa to death he knew how flip floppy and indecisive she could be. Modestly was lovely but her insecurities butchered her.

Will would be devastated, distraught....

Beyond words....

In the event that Alessa changed her mind and for good he needed a back up plan. As awful as it sounded he would need Cecilia to distract him from Alessa and as much as Will was fighting it he still cared for Cecilia too.

Which made him an awful person.

He tried shaking all those thoughts out of his head as he settled into his seat. He sat next to his sister Rosie and she nudged him. He looked at her and she had that evil mischievous look on her face.

She leaned over and whispered in his ear. "I'm willing to bet my crown that you're imagining all the sinful ways you can peel that innocent little girl out of that tiny little black dress."

Will's eyes shot wide open and he nearly fell back in his seat. He looked around frantically to make sure no one saw and when he looked back at Rosie he was ready to shoot fire at her. Instead she threw her head back and laughed hysterically. He settled for glaring at her.

"Smile!"

A man with a camera came out of nowhere and Rosie went from menacing sister to Illea's darling princess. She reached out for Will's hand and faced the camera.

"Smile for the camera brother," she said smiling sweetly for the photo. "It's part of being royal."

As much as Will loved his sister she made him worry sometimes. The way she was able to shift and change within the blink of an eye scared him.

It scared everyone