Chapter Seventeen

"Men are like dogs," Esmeralda told me and she made my bed. "You just have to train them the right way."

"In this case Cecilia has him trained pretty well."

    I turned towards Junebug who was sitting down in her favorite seat stitching something together. Alma caught me glaring at her and she smack Junebug upside the head.

"Ouch!"

"I personally veiw boys as toys." Alma shrugged and went into the bathroom. The water started to run and I took off my earrings. "They're only good for reproduction!" she called.

     The girls all giggled but I just smiled and shook my head in front of the vanity. Finally out of that restricting dress I was nice and warm in my favorite fuzzy robe. I started unpining my hair and removing the jewelry Tammi insisted I drown myself in for the remarkable occasion. I was just glad I never wore any make up.

   Imagine having to try peeling eyelashes off?

  There was a knock on the door and Junebug turned to me. Quickly I scribbled on my notepad.

It's alright. It's probably just one of the girls.

    Junebug smiled at me and went to answer the door. I was finally able to pull every last pin out of my hair and now came the dreadful part. Combing through three feet of hair. I was seriously considering chopping it down. Maybe I'll cut it like Cecilia's to her upper back and then I'll die it red and wear contacts and walk around with an annoying over happy smile on my face. All. The Damn. Time.

   After a few moments I noticed it was a bit too quiet. I frowned and when I turned around my girls weren't in the room. I heard the door close and when I turned again Will walked in. I flew out of my seat so quickly it fell on the floor behind me. I looked around frantically for something to fling at him but the only thing I had was my brush.

   And I liked this brush too much to throw it at his stupid face.

Will held up his hands immediately. "Don't kill me!"

I reached for my pen and notepad. 

"I asked them to leave." he explained. "The girls."

   I held the notepad close to me and debated on what to do. I could kick him out or hear him out. Either way I wanted him out.

"Allow me to explain."

   I shook my head and made my way towards the door. I may not be able to yell at him but at least I could slam the door in his face.

"No, Alessa-" he closed the door and looked at me. "Why must you always think the worst of me?"

I opened the door again but he slammed it shut and this time when I tried to yank it open his hand kept it closed.

"It wasn't what it looked like."

It's never what it looks like with you Will, is it? I wrote. Of all the girls you could have been with you had to choose her?

"What's that supposed to mean?" and it sounded like more of an accusation rather than a question.

She was my friend! I tore off the paper and threw it at him then stomped back into my room.

"Yes, and Ora is your friend and so is Tiny and Krystal-!"

Cecilia was different! I wrote fiercely and angry tears burned the back of my eyes. She was the only one here that understood me! She was the only one that made me feel like I wasn't alone here! And by being with her you took that away from me!