i want to be with you ; lee jeno

nct jeno x reader
warnings : angst, mentions of s3x ( multiple mentions but nothing explicit ), swearing
desc : where jeno struggles with his feelings toward one of his uni roommates.

⠀

"do you guys know where jeno is?"

donghyuck looked over at y/n from the sofa while shaking his head. chenle sat beside him, his eyes staying glued to the tv.

y/n sighed at his roommates and went back to his room. the pair were too indulged in their video game to have a care about where their fourth roommate was. jeno often disappeared from the dorm without a word, but after an intimate night with y/n, the latter expected maybe a note or text instead of waking up alone.

after moving into the dorm only a few months ago for the new year at their university, y/n's feelings for jeno started to grow steadily. and since they shared a small room, it was hard to avoid him. that is until things started unraveling between them. y/n felt like he hardly ever saw jeno anymore until the night time rolled around. they'd spent the last couple nights together closely, crossing the line from friends to..
something else.

y/n was cut from his thoughts as the bedroom door opened suddenly, entering jeno in all his glory. y/n felt his chest tense up at the sight of the male. he assumed jeno had a morning session at the gym, as he looked like he'd been sweating with his sleeveless top and faint odor following him.

y/n's heart slowly plummeted to his stomach with the realization that jeno's eyes were falling just about anywhere but him. he frowned and placed his hands behind his back to fidget with his fingers. jeno continued to rummage around in their closet, picking out a new outfit for the day.

"are you showering?" y/n inquired. his voice remained quiet with his nervousness.

"yeah."

y/n's brows furrowed at the answer. that's it? they spent the whole night together in bed, and that's all he gets in the morning?

"want company?" he asked again, trying to give jeno the chance to talk more.

jeno finally looked at him for a moment, the corner of his lips now twitched upwards. he tossed his chosen outfit over his shoulder and walked closer to y/n, their faces centimeters apart now.

"if the others weren't in the next room, i would. another time, okay babe?" he answered before departing again.

y/n nodded while swallowing the lump in his throat. he watched jeno open and close the door of their room again, disappearing behind it. he couldn't avoid the fact that any little thing jeno did made his heart thump against his chest, especially when jeno teased him. but this wasn't the first time the male had done something like this, basically blowing y/n off, and he was getting very tired.

::

the day passed faster than y/n realized, but even with what felt like a short day, he was exhausted. he just returned to his dorm from his last class and the only thing he wanted to do was get into bed. however, that wasn't very realistic. he had some studying to do and he needed to eat at least a snack for dinner.