jealousy ; kim hongjoong

ateez bottom!hongjoong x top!reader
warnings : tiny-ish angst ?
desc : where hongjoong grows a little jealous after his partner receives worldwide attention.

⠀

"STAN TWT, WHO IS THIS FINE PERSON??"
[ view photos ]

> "he's y/n from ateez !!!"

> "y/n, aka the loml"

> "THAT'S Y/N"

hongjoong smiled at the comments about his boyfriend, excited for him to be getting the attention he deserves. he continued scrolling through the trending posts about the male's attendance at the met gala. he eventually landed on one post that showed how quickly his social media followings went up, as well as the idol making friends with many other celebrities and exchanging follows with them. his heart twisted a little, but he brushed it off and decided it was time to be done with the internet today. he put his phone down and went into the dorm's common room to see y/n and jongho on the sofa with a movie on.

"oh look, it's my baby!" y/n said when he saw the shorter walking toward him. hongjoong smiled, his face turning a bright red as he sat beside him. y/n hung his arm around the male's shoulder and kissed his temple before turning his attention back to the movie.

after a moment, y/n's phone vibrated in his hoodie pocket. he quickly took it out to see an instagram dm from a new friend he'd made. he smiled and opened it, catching hongjoong's attention as his arm moved back to type a response. hongjoong frowned a bit, looking away from the screen of his boyfriend's phone in efforts to avoid being nosy. y/n finished his response, sending it and stuffing his phone in his pocket again. he settled his arm back around hongjoong and gave him a smile.

"who was that?" hongjoong asked with slightly fake enthusiasm.

"oh, it's just mark! he's in got7 and also went to the gala so we ended up talking there. i think we're gonna hang out later."

hongjoong nodded, anxiously biting his lip a little without realizing.

"so you're friends now?" he asked again. the taller looked at him, now hearing the nerves hidden in his voice.

"i guess so, yeah! there's no need to be worried, joong." he said as he gave him another reassuring smile and kissed his lips lightly. hongjoong nodded, deciding to try not to worry about it.

::

"joong? there you are, baby!" y/n said eagerly as he entered their room. hongjoong sat on their bed with headphones over his ears and a computer lighting his face in the darkness. he smiled at the sight of his boyfriend, now closing the computer and setting it aside.

"were you looking for me?" he asked as he lowered the headphones to lay around his neck. y/n nodded before leaning over him and giving him a soft kiss.

"mhm, i got home to see the others out there gaming and stuff so i figured you'd be hanging out."

hongjoong looked down at his hands and shook his head.

"nuh uh, i wanted some alone time."

y/n nodded. he took his jacket off and tossed it on a nearby chair before returning to the bed and sitting down. he gazed at the other, noticing he was avoiding eye contact.

"do you want alone alone time? or can i join?" he asked. his gentle tone sent butterflies loose in hongjoong's stomach as he quickly looked at him again.

"no no! please join! ... i don't know why i said it like that." he replied bashfully. his face grew red rather quickly, but y/n found it adorable.

"you're so cute."

hongjoong looked down again, trying to hide his blush and smile. he cleared his throat and decided to change the subject before he bursted into flames.

"so, um, how was it with mark?"

"it was fun! we just went to a bar and talked and stuff."

hongjoong nodded and gave him a small smile. y/n's eyes lingered on him, easily seeing he was a bit uncomfortable.

"hongjoong, talk to me. something's bothering you right?" he asked. hongjoong tilted his head as he debated on how to answer.

"not necessarily bothering.. just.." he said quietly while looking down again. y/n frowned.

"just what, bubs?"

"just.. jealous.." his voice was barely audible now, tinted with a bit of shame. y/n's gaze stayed on him for another moment before a smile took to his lips.

"my sweet baby, c'mere." he said as he set a pillow on his lap and patted it for the other to lay down. hongjoong sighed lightly, gently settling his head on y/n's lap.

"i'm sorry.. i hate being this way when i know you're just making friends." he mumbled dejectedly. y/n smiled down at him as he began running his hands through hongjoong's hair.

"don't be sorry, love. i know you get jealous easily, and it's kinda cute i won't lie. but there's nothing you need to be jealous of. i only have eyes for my beautiful, amazing boyfriend." y/n assured. hongjoong looked up at him again, making the earlier butterflies in his stomach increase tenfold.

"i'll still try to be better about it though.." he responded, now determined as he gave the male a cute smile. y/n just nodded and continued playing with his hair fondly. the two stayed like this for a while in their comfortable silence. they heard the rest of their group's faint shouting and laughing during their game night just outside their room.

hongjoong's eyes drifted to the window beside the bed, seeing the outside lights illuminated in the night. his heart blossomed with happiness at the safe feeling of just him and his boyfriend together.

soon enough, he felt sleep start to tug at him. he looked up at y/n, who's head was leaned back against the headboard with closed eyes and a small smile. hongjoong shut his eyes in content, both of them eventually falling asleep in each other's comfort.

- i want a hongjoong