case 143 ; lee minho ( pt 2 )

stray kids minho x reader
warnings : light swearing
desc : where minho finds his confession finally coming out at an unexpected time.

⠀

y/n clutched his bag as he walked back to his dorm from his last morning class. the campus was as scenic as ever with the spring colors and light breeze.

his eyes found a familiar form sitting against a tree on the lawn, recognizing him as minho. the male was sat comfortably with a notebook on his lap, textbook next to him, and headphones covering his ears.

as y/n walked closer to him, he could hear him singing quietly to himself, he assumed to the song that was playing through the headphones. he stood still for a moment, jaw falling agape at minho's angelic voice.

minho suddenly stopped as he noticed the shadow in front of him, looking up to see his crush. instantly, he felt embarrassed.

"oh, h-"

"why am i just now finding out that you can sing?!" y/n cut him off. minho's cheeks turned to a deep red as he lowered the headphones around his neck.

"i don't sing much in front of people.."

y/n clicked his tongue at this.

"well, even if you're a little shit, you have a great voice."

minho looked down at his notebook, feeling his heart rate increase at the compliment. he looked back up quickly in realization.

"are you being nice to me??" he questioned. y/n's grip on his bag tightened.

"tsk, bye."

"no, wait!" minho closed his notebook and laid it on top of the textbook that was still on the ground beside him. "wanna sit?"

y/n watched as the other pat a spot beside him, trying to think of a way to decline the invitation.

"oh.. aren't you studying though? i didn't mean to interrupt.."

minho shrugged and gave him a smile.

"yeah, but talking to you is better." he answered simply. y/n silently scowled as he felt his face heat up at the male's reply. unable to muster up his own response, he set his bag down and sat beside minho.

"so have you always been into singing?" y/n asked.

"ah, i guess so. my parents used to urge me to make music but i dunno."

"i definitely agree with that idea," y/n said eagerly. minho smiled again and looked away briefly.

"you heard me sing like two lines! and very quietly for that matter. i could suck for all you know," he argued.

"nah, singer of the century right here," y/n countered. he was a little surprised at his now confident voice, but decided to just go with it.

minho's eyes shifted back to him, his smile stretching across his cheeks. anxiety quickly sprouted in his gut as his eyes then fell to y/n's lips. he'd imagined before what it would be like to kiss the other, but he didn't think the opportunity would present itself at a moment like this.