Chapter 80

-2 weeks later-
-end of February-
-Gracelyn is 2 weeks old-
~Skylar's POV~
It's been 2 weeks since Gracelyn's been born and these have been the craziest and fastest two weeks of our lives. Daniel does go back to work in 4 weeks. And I don't go back to work until she's a year old.

We still haven't told anyone on my side, obviously besides Maxx, about Grace. And they didn't know about the pregnancy. I talked to Ma and Mom a few times while pregnant, but never mentioned anything about it. But I talked to them yesterday and we're flying back to Chicago tonight for 3 days to surprise them. We got clearance from Grace's pediatrician that she's ok to fly so young.

Maxx is hesitant to come considering the last time he saw them, it was a huge fight and he literally left. Be our flight is in literally 6 hours, and it's 10pm. We have to wake up in 2 hours, but I cannot sleep. I just put Gracie down to sleep again after feeding her, and now I'm making sure everything is ready is leave. We've never even been out of the house besides for doctors appointments with her. And now we decided to go travel halfway across the country.

Daniel and Maxx were both asleep because we have to wake up soon, but I was in the living room. I was so anxious about flying with our newborn daughter. What if something goes wrong? What if she cries the whole time? What if she gets sick from going on a plane? It's freezing in Chicago, what if she gets sick there? I thought my anxiety was bad during my pregnancy, but now that I'm a mom, it feels like it's tripled.

As I sat on the couch, the more my mind was racing. The more my mind races, the more anxious I got. And the more anxious I got, the more stressed I got. I buried my face in my hands, wanting to flip a switch in my brain and just shut out all my thoughts.

I finally just got up and went to the bedroom.
I went in bed and turned to face Daniel, who was sleeping. I carefully moved his arm and snuggled in his chest. He barely woke up and I felt his wrap his arms around me. I felt my body relax as the smell of his cologne and the warmth of his body calmed me down. He makes me feel so safe.

At midnight, our alarms went off. I did not want to wake up. Yes, I was excited to see my family and surprise them with a new family member, but I'm so scared about the whole flying and airport part.
"Baby... come on, we have to be at the airport..." I heard Daniel whisper.
I slowly opened my eyes and I felt him rubbing my face with his hand. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

We both got up and got dressed. I got dressed in just sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I haven't lost any baby weight yet. And I'm so uncomfortable with my body right now, so I did not want to even try putting on leggings or jeans right now. Whenever I've gone out, which has been 2 times, I just wear some loose jogger set from target. I curled my hair and put some makeup on while I pumped my milk before putting some in a little travel cooler.

I packed up all my pumping supplies that I would need and made sure we had everything we needed. Daniel for Gracie ready and almost tripled checked for me that all her stuff was packed. Maxx was ready too and at the front door. Gracie was a bit fussy because we woke her up, but Daniel got her back to sleep and she was now just in her car seat.

"Everyone ready?" Daniel asked as he was ordering the Uber.
"Yes, I need a redbull or something..." Maxx yawned.
I anxiously nodded my head. Daniel knows I'm anxious about this whole thing. I've been talking about it all day.

The Uber came and we got to the airport. We checked in our check-in bags and now we just had our carry-ons.
"Ok.. let's go through security to get that out of the way and then figure out something to eat." I said.
"Yea ok, let's go." Maxx said.

All of a sudden, Gracie got fussy. I knew she was hungry because it's been almost 3 hours since I last fed her. I got her out of her car seat and held her and hoped that maybe I was wrong, but I wasn't. When I picked her up and she got close to my chest, she was moving her head around, trying to look for the milk.