Chapter 35

~Skylar's POV~
I could see in my peripheral vision that he saw me.
"Sky, he saw you and is now following you. Just keep walking. Take a different route. We'll follow you." I heard Daniel said.
That made my heart skip a beat. This guy is behind me now. I took out my headphones and put them in my pocket.

I didn't look back and just kept walking. I made a left and kept on walking.
"Alright Skylar, we're following you right now. Just keep doing what you're doing. Try to get him cornered somewhere that will be easy for us to grab him." I heard Nick say.

My breathing was shaky as I was walking. As I turned around another corner, I could see him. Part of me was anger and the other part of me was scared. I want to hurt this guy for what he did to my brother, but I'm always terrified because of what he did to us.

"Part of me wants to turn around and punch him, the other part of me wants to start running." I whispered.
"Maybe don't start running." I heard Nick tell me.
"Stop following me... I wanna talk to this guy myself..." I whispered.

All of a sudden, I just stopped dead in my tracks.
I could hear the guy stop too. I just felt this adrenaline, fear, and anger rush over me.
"I know you're behind me..." I said.

"Long time no see.." I heard his deep voice chuckle. Hearing his voice again after almost 5 years made chills go down my back.
I turned around to face him.

"What do you want from me? You already killed my best friend. What more do you want from me?" I told him.
He looked at me with a cold smile.
"You see... little bird... ever since I ended up in jail for what I did... I knew I wasn't done. Once I heard that you were still alive and living here... I wanted to find you... finish the job."  he told me.

When he said those two words "little bird", I felt my blood get hot. He called me that a few times in the cage. I remember when Cam and I would lie on that cold, concrete ground after getting a beating, he would grab my face while I was half conscious and tell me: "We'll be back soon, little bird".

A stepped a bit closer to him.
"Why?" I asked him.
He grazed his fingers on my face, just like how he used to do.
"Because... you're.. different than my other victims... you and your brother..." he said, trying to be mysterious.

I swatted his hand off my face.
"Cut the bullshit and just spit it out." I told him.
He chuckled, look down at the ground, then back up at me.
"That's... exactly why... you and your brother resisted... you guys fought against us. Most people just accepted their fate. But you guys didn't. You two made it a bit of a challenge... which is what I liked so much about you two..." he told me.

He got closer to me and out his hands in my hair.
"You haven't really changed much... little bird. Excepts for all the scars..." he said, looking at my arms and face. I have some scars on my face from all the beatings. Even with makeup, some of them still show through.
"Yea, and why do you think that is?" I asked him.

"Could be from anything... suicide, falling.." he chuckled.
"You know damn well why..." I told him.
"Little bird-" he started to say, but I stopped him.

"Stop calling me that... I'm not your little fucking pet." I raised my voice at him, slapping his hand off me.
"I get the feeling you're... upset with me." He said.
I raised my eyebrows and at and wanted to screamed. But instead, I punched him in the face and kicked his legs.

Once he got down to the ground, I kicked him in his face.
I picked up his head by his hair and saw his bloody, cut up face.
"Because you killed my brother... that's why I'm upset with you..." I snarled at him through my teeth. And smashed his face onto the hard, hot pavement.
The rest of Intelligence got over and put him in cuffs.