Chapter 36

-6 months Later-
Skylar is officially a cop now. Working in the same department as Daniel.
-Late-February-

~Skylar's POV~
I woke up to a light kiss on the forehead and a stroke on my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Daniel's deep green eyes and his warm smile.
"Good morning..." He smiled.
"Good morning baby..." I kissed him.

"You wanna go grab some breakfast?" He asked me.
I rubbed my eyes and nodded.
"Sure, where to?" I asked.
"Maybe that new diner and just opened up on Fairfield?" He asked.
"Yea sure." I said.

We got ready. We grabbed our guns out of the safe and out them on our belts and grabbed our badges and put them also on our belts.
Sometimes I forget I'm a cop. Even though I've been one for 4 months now. No one in my family still knows, because we haven't seen each other in person in a while.

We got down to the car and drove to the place.
"How do you think about heading up to Oakland this weekend?" Danny asked me.
"That would be nice... get out of the city for a bit. Would it be just us?" I asked him.

"No.. my brother wanted us to take the kids so him and Lia could be alone this weekend. The kids have been dying to see you lately." He chuckled.
I laughed. His niece and nephew have been getting so attached to me lately.
"Aww that's cute.." I said.
"Yea.. oh, did I ever tell you what Lia told me a few weeks ago?" He asked me.

"No... is everything ok with her? We haven't really talked much in a last like.. 2 months.. I've tried calling, texting.. she doesn't doesn't answer." I said. Which was weird because we actually have a really good relationship. We talk at least 3 times a week.
"Yea... she's actually pregnant again. That's why she hasn't been really talking. David said she's been miserable and she hasn't really been in contact with anyone besides her parents and obviously him and the kids." He explained.

My jaw dropped.
"No way, she's pregnant again?" I chuckled, not believing it. "Just a few weeks before Lia stopped talking to me, she told me that they were done having kids." I explained.
"Yea, David just told me that they didn't expect it. But they're excited." Danny chuckled.

"That's so exciting." I smiled.
"David says she could really use a stress-free weekend so he asked if we could babysit." He said.
"Ok, that sounds fun. They're so well behaved and cute.." I smiled.
"Yea. They're really excited. We pick them up later today." He told me.
"Can't wait." I chuckled.

-After Breakfast-
We were back at our place, packing ourselves each a bag.
"Hey babe?" I asked Danny, remembering something.
"Yea?" He asked me.
"Don't Lia and David live in San Francisco?" I asked him.
"Yea... what about it?" He asked me.
"That's a 6 hour drive..." I told him.

"Oh, I see where you're getting at... no David is meeting us at Oakland to drop off the kids. I think I forgot to mention that." He laughed.
"Yea you kinda did.." I laughed.

We just got to Oakland. We got to the house and saw David and his kids. The kids ran up to us all excited.
Then David came up to us.
"Hey, thanks you guys for doing this. I think Lia just needs a break for a few days and I can't always give her one because I'm always in the hospital." He told us.

"Yea no worries. We'll have fun won't we?" I laughed and tickled Julia who was in my arms. I didn't realize until a few months ago that David named Julia after him and Daniel's mom.

"Thanks again. I gotta go. I have shift in a few hours." He said.
He said by to his kids and us and left. But before he left, he put the car seats in Daniel's truck.
"Alright, I think we have to go food shopping.. we haven't been here in while." Daniel said.

"You guys wanna go to the store with us? Or let Daniel go by himself and we stay here?" I asked the kids.
"Go with you!" Jayden said.
Julia just excitedly agreed.

"Let's go then." Daniel chuckled.
We loaded back up in the car and went to the Walmart that was 30 minutes from here.
Once we got there, I put Julia in the front of the cart.
"Sky, can I go in too?" Jayden asked me, pointing to the basket part of the cart.
"Yea sure, Jay." I told him. I picked him up and put him in the basket of the cart.

We went around the store. I was pushing the cart and playing around with the kids.
"Ooh Skylar! Can we please get those!" Jayden asked me, pointing to some gummies.
"Gums!" Julia squealed and pointed to another box.
I chuckled.

"Ok, you guys can get it, but you have to agree on one kind. Here. Which one?" I asked them.
I picked 3 boxes. The one he picked, the one she picked, and the one I know Lia always buys for both of them.
They both chose the 3rd one and I put them in the cart.

We had to get some cereal just to keep there. Daniel and I pretty much eat anything, but we knew the kids would be a bit picky with the cereal.
"You each wanna pick one cereal?" Daniel asked them.
"Yes!" They both said.

He got them each out of the cart. And they each wanted to pick a cereal. Jayden wanted a cereal from a high shelf, so I picked him up and he grabbed it. Julia was the same way so I did the same for her. Jayden grabbed a dinosaur shaped cereal. And Julia got Trix because she loved the rainbow colors.

I put them each back in the cart and I noticed Danny looking at me and smiling.
"What?" I chuckled.
"Nothing you just... you'd be a really good mom." He smiled.
Hearing this made me smile.
"Thank you... I think you'd make a really good dad one day..." I gave him a quick kiss.

We kept on shopping. We had kinda of a big list because we needed to get a lot.
"Ok, what do you guys want for dinner?" We asked them.
"The- the meat. That is soft." Jayden said.

I looked and Daniel and chuckled.
"What do you mean by that buddy?" Daniel asked his nephew.
"The meat." Jayden said again.
I didn't know if he was talking about steak, chicken, or pork.

But I know we all eat a lot of steak. I pulled up a picture of steak and showed him a picture.
"Is that you you're talking about?" I asked him.
"Yea! That's it!" He was excited that we finally got what he was saying.
"Ok good." I chuckled.

We were almost done shopping, we just needed to go back to get some more snacks. Then I heard someone call out my name.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻