Chapter 2

~Skylar's POV~
Trauma is something that will never just disappear, but we all just have to learn to live with it. But I didn't want to. Some people say that quiet means calm to them. But... from what I've experienced, silence can be scary too. Just waiting for the silence to break, afraid of what's gonna happen next.

I've heard that trauma can cause some people to constantly be living in survivor mode. And quite frankly, I don't disagree. I feel like I can never be relaxed anymore.

My last words were "As Ready As I'll Ever Be".
Those were the words I told Noah.
As he administered the Ativan, I could start to feel my body start to shut down, and the pain finally leaving.

First it was my legs, then it was my arms, and then it was my torso. Pretty soon, my eyes were getting impossible to keep open. Eventually, all the sound drowned out from around me and all I could hear was my beating heart. Then, I couldn't even hear that once my whole body just completely shut off.

As I was asleep, I could hear some noise.
I felt someone shaking my shoulder.
"Sky? Skylar? Sky!" Was what I was hearing. I could feel two hands on my shoulders, shaking me awake.

I woke up in a slight panic and I couldn't believe who I saw.
"Cam?" Was the first thing I said.
He looked at me and he looked like he didn't know whether to be upset or glad to see me.

I hugged him tight, then quickly pulled away, remembering his injuries.
"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" I asked him.
He chuckled and shook his head. Then I noticed that he didn't have any bruises or scars.

"No, I'm good. When you die, all your pain and bruises leave..." he told me, showing me his back and stomach.
"No bruises..." I said.

I looked around and noticed we were in this room. But it didn't look like a room. All there was was a wood floor, but no walls or a ceiling.
I looked back at Cameron.
"I missed you..." I hugged him, but then I winced in pain.

"Careful.." He said. I looked at myself and saw that I still had all my bruises, the scars, and the leg brace.
"I thought you said..." I started to say, but he shook his head.

"You're not dead Sky... you're still alive." He told me.
"What? No I'm not! Cam, I'm not! Noah, he..." I said, but Cam shook his head again.

"No, you're still alive... your body's just hanging on. You're still alive, lying on a gurney in Med." He told me.
I shook my head and put my head in my hands.

He sighed and looked at me.
"Sky, you have to go back. Stay alive." He told me.
"No, no Cam... I wanna stay with you." Tears were running down my face.
"No, Sky, you don't... trust me, you wanna live. Be with Mom, Ma, Maxx, and Scarlett..." he told me.

I shook my head.
"No, I just wanna be with you.. please..." I cried in his chest, he wrapped his arms around me.
"Ok... look how about this?" He pulled me away from him and picked up my chin to make me look at him.

"What?" I asked.
"I'm always going to be with you... ok? I'm never gonna leave you. You might not see me down there, but.. how about we have our own little sign?" He asked me.

I was a little confused, but I agreed.
"Ok... what would the sign be?" I asked.
He thought for a moment then chuckled.
"What's our favorite flower?" He asked.

I looked at him and sort of smiled and laughed under my breath.
"That's easy.. a sunflower." I said.
"Ok... well, here's what I want you to do. Anytime you see a sunflower, think of me... ok? That will be our little sign." He told me.

He showed me his necklace that he had. It was a necklace I gave him on our 17th birthday. It was just a silver necklace with a sunflower charm on it, he's never taken it off since I gave it to him.