Chapter 59

~Skylar's POV~
I flipped over the test and saw the two very bold lines.
I'm pregnant.
"Oh my god.. oh my god..." I whispered under my breath.
My whole body was frozen to shock, but then it was overcome by emotion. Happiness, fear, anxiety. And I started crying. Was it happy tears or scared tears? I don't know. But I was sort of smiling.

How do I tell Daniel? Maybe I won't for now. I want to tell him in a cute way. Maybe I can wait until tomorrow. I'll go out and buy a onesie and just some stuff to tell him.
At this point, I was crying out of excitement and happiness.
"I'm going to be a mom..." I whispered under my breath.

I went back out to the bedroom and put the rest under some stuff in my nightstand and went back to sleep. Although, it was hard. Now I had even more things going through my head and I couldn't believe it.

I don't when when I fell back asleep, but I woke up to a familiar touch on my back and a kiss on my neck.
"Baby.. I made you some soup... do you want some now?" I heard Daniel whisper.
I turned over to face him, smiled, and nodded my head.

"Ok, I can bring it to you here, or do you wanna come to the kitchen?" He asked me.
I sat up.
"I'll go in the kitchen." I told him.
We went to the kitchen. I sat at the island and he stood across the island.

He gave me a soup.
"It's good you married a Colombian." He chuckled.
I laughed a little.
"Is it ever.." I chuckled as a took a spoonful of the soup.
"How you feeling now?" He asked me.

"A little better... I think my body's just shot.. I don't know why though..." I said. Although I do. I'm not too sure how I'm gonna be able to hide this from him. Even though it's only gonna be for a day, he always knows when I'm hiding something.

"Maybe it's just a cold. You told me that you and your brother used to get sick around this time, right?" He asked me.
I nodded my head.
"Yea, but ever since moving to LA, I never got sick, but I guess it's back." I said.

-few hours later-
Daniel was doing some work on his computer in the living room. I just took a shower and was blow drying my hair straight. It was 9pm and both Daniel and I have work. But I'm not going. Because I know Daniel won't let me, plus it gives me some time to go and get the stuff to surprise him. I know we have a shift of 5am-8pm tomorrow. A 15 hour shift.

Once I was finished, I went out to him in the living room and sat with him.
"Hey baby." He smiled and moved his computer once he saw me.
I laid down with him.
"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked him.
"Just working on something for the bar." He said.

He kissed the top of my head and stroked my hair.
"Are you feeling better?" He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.
"It comes and goes..." I told him.
He nodded his head.
"I don't think you should go to work tomorrow... I don't want you pushing your limits if your body is too tired and weak." He told me.

I looked at him.
"Yea that's.. probably best.." I said.
He grabbed my left hand and twisted around my wedding band and engagement ring.
"I don't know if I ever told you since the wedding how lucky I am to be with you... how lucky I am that you chose me..." he whispered.

I laughed under my breath and looked up at him.
His deep green eyes were looking down at me, smiling.
"You already show me that everyday." I smiled.
"How so?" He asked.

I sat up on the couch and ran my fingers through his curls.
"The way you look at me... your touch, love, affection, the way you care for me..." I smiled.
He smiled and kissed me.

Then he wrapped his arms around me and let me lean into his chest.
"Can you just promise me that you'll be safe at work tomorrow?" I asked him. Thinking about how careful we have to be at work now that I'm pregnant. And will I even work now?
"Yea of course I will. I always am. Why?" He asked me,
"Just... wanted you to be extra safe." I told him.

I Made a Promiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें