Chapter 15

~Skylar's POV~
The guy looked behind me, then I felt someone grab my arm. I look behind me and see a guy in a hood.
He grabs me. Daniel immediately tries to grab this guy away from me, but that Weston guy got stopped him. All you could hear was the glass bottle breaking when Daniel threw the bag to try and grab this guy.

"You get my son out of jail, and nothing will happen to her. You don't, and we'll make sure she gets a slow and painful death." Weston told Daniel.
This other guy had his arm around my neck, but not enough to restrict my breathing, just enough so I couldn't move.

"Let her go." Daniel said.
I didn't even try moving out of this guy's grasp. I know from the past that trying to move only makes things worse.
"Weston, I'm serious. Let her go." Daniel said.
"Get my son out of jail." Weston told him.

Weston looked at me and nodded his head at the other guy who was holding me.
Then I heard a noise I knew all too well and felt something familiar.

I heard a click of a gun, and felt it on the side of my head. Daniel looked at me worried. Now I had some tears falling down and my breathing was much more shaky. All I could think of was being in that warehouse. Hearing the screams of Cameron and I echoing through the building.

I still had the pepper spray in my hand, but now that he has a gun to my head. I'm scared that if I spray him, he'll just start shooting and hit Daniel or I. Or even some innocent bystander. But there's no one there. Just us. But that 'what if' is what scares me.

"Hey, hey. Alright... I'll figure something out. Just let her go." Daniel said.
They didn't say anything. I kept quiet, not wanting to entice them and make things worse.
"You're very quiet, aren't you?" The guy whispered to me.

"She is.. isn't she?" Weston said, looking at me curiously.
"How do we get you to talk?" The other guy whispered to me.
But I kept quiet.

The guy grabbed my tighter and pushed the guy into the side of my head harder. It made me flinch and wince in pain a bit.
"Nothing? Come on little lady. Not even gonna say your name?" Weston said.

I looked at Daniel.
He wanted to get his gun and shoot these guys, I could tell. But I gave him an quick look that said no. I know how these types of guys are.
"I'll figure something out with Patrick, let her go." Daniel said.

"When you bring him to me, I'll bring her to you." Weston said, as soon as he said that, I was grabbed by another person and picked up.
I screamed and pepper sprayed the guy with the gun.

"What the f*ck?!" He screamed. Then without even thinking, I sprayed the guy holding me. I was immediately dropped about 5 feet onto the hard concrete ground. Landing on my side.

I saw Daniel grab his gun.
"Get away from her. Get away from us. Leave us alone." Daniel pointing the gun to Weston.
The other 2 were screaming and agonizing in pain.

I was in tremendous pain too, but on my side. And I was quiet. I wanted to scream, but I didn't. I laid there, silently crying.
Weston looked angry at Daniel. But he left, dragging the two guys away with him.

Daniel went over to my side.
"My god.. baby...Are you ok?" He asked me. He helped me sit up.
I got dropped on my right side. That hand was cut up and my arm was too. The flannel ripped when I fell.
My lip was split open and my head was throbbing.

"Yea... yea I'm fine..." I winced in pain, lying, feeling all the pain coming from everywhere.
Daniel took off his jacket and used it to wipe the blood off my face.

"You're ok... I'm so sorry... that guy must've followed us.." he whispered to me.
"Who even were they?" I asked.
"Some old friends. That guy, Weston, his son Patrick isn't a good kid. Always getting into trouble. Drunk driving, stealing, car accidents. But recently, he shot a girl and killed her. I can't keep defending this kid anymore. So we finally locked him up." He explained to me.

I didn't even say anything but cried.
"Hey it's ok... I'm so sorry..." he hugged my, but carefully.
I winced in pain as my side and head.
I put my hand on my head and it was bleeding.

As I saw the blood on my hand and sleeves, dripping onto my jeans, all I could think about was that warehouse.
"Should we get you to the hospital?" Daniel asked me.

I didn't even answer. I was too busy remembering memories that I've been trying to bury for over 2 years now.
"Babe?" Daniel stroked my cheek. I looked at him, snapping out of my thoughts.
"Yea?" I asked him. I had my right hand in my other hand, I think it was sprained.

~Daniel's POV~
I could tell Skylar was in so much pain. I felt so bad.
She looked so out of it too. I knew she needed to be taken to the hospital.

"Baby, come on. Let's get you to the hospital..." I said, going picking her up, but she stopped me.
She shook her head.
"No it's... it's fine... I just.. I wanna go home..." she said.

I knew she needed to be taken to the hospital. She needs to be seen by a doctor.
"Baby, I really think you should get seen by a doctor.." I told her.
She shook her head.
"No just... just take me home... I wanna go home..." she said. I picked her up and she was in so much pain.

But I knew she needed to be seen by a doctor.
I carefully carried her to the car.
She was in so much pain and it broke my heart to see her like this.
I drove to the hospital.

Once we were outside, she saw where we were.
"I told you I didn't want to come here." She said.
"I want you to get checked out. You fell pretty hard and look at your injuries." I told her.

"I'm not going in there. Just take me back to my place." She said.
"No, come on. You need to be seen by a doctor. Just to be safe." I told her, shutting off the car.
She looked annoyed that I didn't listen to her.

"I'm not getting out of this car." She said.
"Please? I just wanna make sure nothing's wrong with you. You took a really hard fall and you're all bruised now. Come on let's just get you checked-" I explained to her. But then she just stopped me.

"No! Just take me home. Please! I don't wanna go in there! I just wanna go home!" She cried.
She broke down in tears.
I didn't even say anything because I didn't know what to say.

I started the car back up and drove her home. She grabbed her purse and got out of my car.
I got out and she was in so much pain.
"You sure you don't wanna go to the hospital? You really seem like you're in pain.." I told her as I went to her side.

"It's fine.. I'll just.. I don't know, take some Advil or something..." she said.
I tried to help her but she didn't want my help walking up to her apartment. We took the elevator up and went to her door.

"I'm so sorry baby..." I told her.
I picked up her chin and tried to get her to look at me, but she wouldn't.
She brushed off my hand.

"I'll... call you tomorrow... I just uh... I really just wanna be alone right now..." she said.
She opened her door.
"Baby I-" I was saying, but she closed the door in my face.

I sighed and walked back down to my car. I got in and got a phone call from Kyle. I completely forget about the fact that we were at dinner.

Daniel: Hey Kyle.
Kyle: dude where the hell are you?
Daniel: yea, something came up. Sorry. I'll explain to you guys tomorrow at work.
Kyle: everything alright bro?
Daniel: not sure... I'll explain everything tomorrow.

Once I hung up, I sat in my car. Confused, angry, annoyed, and upset. And I knew Sky was probably feeling 100x worse. I just wanted to comfort her and let her know that I'm sorry and that I promise that will never happen again. But I want to respect her and just let her do what she wanted, to just be alone.

I want her to know how sorry I am and how I wished that this didn't happen. I sighed and drove back to my place.
I stood in the kitchen, staring at my messages with Skylar, debating if I should text her or not.

After about 5 minutes, I just put my phone down and grabbed a beer from the fridge, I walked over to my window and just stared at the bright lights of the city as I drank my beer. Just thinking about.. everything.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻