Chapter 71

~Skylar's POV~
We were in the car driving to Med and something wasn't right. I don't know what, but it's like my instincts were telling me something.
I was dizzy and kept feeling myself passing in and out of consciousness. But I kept feeling our daughter kick, which was a good sign.

I had my eyes half open, looking out onto the street while keeping one hand on the top of my stomach, just under my ribs where she was kicking, and the other one was in Daniel's hand. We were hold each other's hands right, afraid.

There was traffic and Daniel was going fast, weaving around the cars and making sharp turns into backstreets.
"Babe, relax." I told him, turning my head over to him.
"There's traffic everywhere.." he said, frustrated.

We got to the hospital in what felt like 5 minutes, but it could've been way longer because I wasn't even paying attention. I only realized we were here when I heard and felt the car shut off.

"Ok we're here. Do you feel ok walking in or two you want me to grab a doctor or a wheelchair?" He asked me.
I shook my head.
"No, let's go..." I said.

Daniel got out and went to my side. I got out and he wrapped his arms around me as we walked inside.
"Babe I'm fine. I can walk..." I told him as we started walking in.

Then all of a sudden I got super lightheaded and lost all feeling in my body for a second and I fell.
"Hey, woah, woah. I need some help!" I heard Daniel call out. I felt him catch my body.
Everything was blurry but I saw a doctor or two come over and I was put on a gurney and taken to a bay.

Everything started to get more clear and I saw I was hooked up to some monitors.
"Hey, what's going on?" I asked Daniel, he was standing next to my bed, holding my hand.
Then a doctor came in. It was Dr. Collins.

"Skylar, I heard you were here. What happened?" She asked me.
"I didn't know you worked here?" I told her.
"Yes, I have my clinic over on Fairfield Street, and then I also work here on the days I don't work there." She explained.

I nodded my head.
"So what's happened? Was this at work? I was actually going to head out soon because I knew we had that appointment." She asked us.
"Uh no, we were at my brother's school all day for some career day thing and as we were cleaning up, I started feeling super super tired and just like insanely lightheaded. So we hopped in the car and left." I explained.

"Ok, have you felt this way before?" She asked, taking notes while getting the ultrasound machine ready.
"I mean, lately, I've been fine. I've been tired sure, but never like this. And especially not the dizziness." I said.
"Has your baby still been active?" She asked.

"Yea, she always is." I said.
She started moving the wand around my stomach and I looked at Daniel scared.
He kissed the top of forehead and kept his mouth there.
"It's ok.. it's ok.." he whispered to me.

Then we heard the sounds of our daughter's heart beat. I heard Daniel chuckle under his breath.
"See? She's ok..." he smiled at me, pulling away.
Dr. Collins was looking at the screen and kept moving the wand around and was typing on the computer.

Then she put the wand down and looked at us.
I saw the look on her face. I knew there was something wrong.
"What's wrong?" I asked her. I looked at Daniel he squeezed my hand.

"It seems your daughter's heart rate is extremely irregular... which... is concerning." She explained.
I couldn't believe what she was saying.
"Ok so, w-what can we do?" I asked her.
She looked at both of us and sighed.