Chapter 29

~Skylar's POV~
We saw two men walk out of my bedroom. It was my landlord and Weston. I stepped back and looked at Daniel.

"You're a hard person to find..." Weston chuckled.
"Skylar... you never told me you knew my friend Weston here." Mr. Prescott, my landlord told me.

"What the hell is this? I payed my rent." I told him, holding up the paper.
"Well... it seems you and your... boyfriend I assume... owe Weston here a favor... now you can either deliver that favor... or you leave..." he told me.

"You can't just evict her from her place. She's paid her rent for this month." Daniel told them.
"See, that's where you're wrong. In the contract Skylar signed when she moved in stated that for any reason, I have the right to kick her out." Mr. Prescott said, showing us the contract.

"There is- however. A way you can avoid having to leave... just get my son out of jail, and you can stay." Weston said.
"This is bullshit." I said.

"You can either listen to him, or you leave." Mr. Prescott told us.
I looked at Daniel. He pulled me aside.
"What the hell is happening?" I whispered.

"I don't know... what do you wanna do?" He asked me.
"I-... we can't let this guy get his way... you told me all the stuff his son did... but.. where the hell am I gonna go?" I sighed.
"Why don't you move in with me?" He asked.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.
"Yea. There's no way I'm letting you just not have anywhere to live." He said.
"Ok... ok... we'll do that..." I said.

"Enough talking. What's it gonna be, Skylar?" Weston asked me.
"Fine. I'll leave. Your son is a prick, and so are you." I told them.

"You have 1 hour to get everything completely out of here, and seeing as this whole place came fully furnished, that shouldn't be too hard." Mr. Prescott said.
"One hour?" Daniel said.

"Did he stutter?" Weston pulled out his gun and pointed it at Daniel's head.
"Ok, one hour, got it. Just let him help me." I said, getting in between them. Daniel put his hand on my shoulder.
Weston put his gun down and let us go.

Daniel and I went to my room.
"Where are your suitcases?" He asked me.
"My closet." I said, opening all my drawers. I have 5 big suitcases from when I moved here. And 2 duffle bags.
Daniel got two of my big suitcases and put them in my bed.

"Don't even bother folding anything, just shove everything you can." I said.
Weston was in my room, watching us. I noticed he was by my nightstand. Where I have a picture of Cameron and I. He picked up the photo and studied it. On my dressers I have pictures of me with my family. I quickly grabbed them and put them in a duffle bag do he wouldn't see them.

"Wanna tell me who this is?" Weston asked, holding up the photo.
I didn't say anything at first. And just kept on packing.
"I know you heard me." He said, pulling out his gun.

"My brother, that's my brother." I told him.
"Where does he live?" He asked me.
I thought about that for a second.
He clicked the safety of the gun off and got closer to me.
"C-Canada, O-Ontario." I said, knowing no I know lives there.
"You wanna tell me his name?" He told me.

"Um.. Ca- Caleb." I said.
"Last name?" He said.
"Dayton.... Caleb Dayton. Different father." I said.
"You mind if I... pop a visit to your brother?" He said.

"Don't hurt him... please..." I said.
"Oh don't worry... I won't." He said.
I looked at him. Then back at Daniel. He knew I was lying and gave me a quick look that I knew meant "good job".

Daniel and I were frantically packing up my whole room. We were stuffing the suitcases so much I was sure the zippers were gonna pop.
I was about to get out of my room to get some personal stuff from my main area, but Weston stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked me.
"Getting some things from the other room." I told him.
He looked at my landlord.
"Watch her." He said.

I took a duffle bag and packed up all the photos and little things I have. When I came back in the room. Daniel had packed everything else. And right when  walked in, Mr. Prescott talked.
"Your time is up. It's time to go." He said.

I looked at Daniel. Then back at my landlord and nodded my head.
"Give me your key and take your bags." He said.
I did what was told.
Daniel and I put everything in his truck.

He had to drive his truck to his place and I had to drive my car.
In the drive there, I was confused, upset, scared. I was just trying to process everything. I wanted to cry out of confusion, but also scream from anger.

Daniel didn't live too far, and we made sure no one followed us.
Once we got to his place, we brought everything up, but didn't say a word. Once we got everything up, I just sat on the floor by the big wall-window and didn't say anything. I just stared out the window that had a view of the city, same as my apartment did.

I allowed myself to finally process everything that just happened in the past 2 hours. I brought my knees up to my chest and just buried my face in my knees.
I took some deep breaths before I just started crying.

I felt Daniel's touch in my back as he rubbed it. He didn't say anything, but his touch was just enough to keep me grounded. I rubbed my face and felt all my eye makeup being smears in my face. I could see the mascara dripping onto my pants. And the makeup on my hands. Daniel got up and then came back with some tissues and wipes.

He brought my chin to face him to gently cleaned my face and hands.
"Do you.. still need time? Or.. can I help you now?" He asked me before intervening.
"You can help.." I barely got out because my breath was so shaky and heavy.

He gently cleaned my face and hands. When he was done, I just hugged him and buried my face in his shoulder.
"I'm so sorry baby... I had no clue he would do anything like this..." he told me.
"It's not your fault..." I said.

~Daniel's POV~
I feel awful. How could Weston do something like this? I get it if he did something like this to me. But why Skylar? Why does he have to keep going after the woman I love?

Skylar was shaking in my arms.
"It's ok... it's ok..." I comforted her.
After about 15 minutes, she finally calmed down.
She took some deep breaths and then looked at me.

"How... long do I have to live here?" She asked me.
"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"I mean... how long do you plan on me staying here for?" She asked.
I was confused by what she meant.

"Baby... I don't... I honestly... don't plan on you ever leaving..." I told her. Once I said that, she smiled.
"Wait.. seriously?" She asked.
I nodded my head.
"Yea... I don't want you to go... I'm not forcing you here or anything... but I'm also not giving you a limit on how long you have to be here. You can stay as long as you want. It can be a month, or forever..." I said.

She put her hand on my cheek and kissed me.
"I love you..." she said.
"I love you more..." I told her.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻