Chapter 42

-1 week later-
~Skylar's POV~
I go back to work today.
My alarm went off at 5am. I snoozed it and rolled back over in bed, not wanting to get up. Once it went off again, I snoozed it again. But then right after I rolled over in bed, I felt Daniel stroke my cheek and give me a kiss.

I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me.
"You know you have to get up.. we have work." He chuckled.
"I don't want to... what if those guys are there?" I asked him, referring to the Chief. The only reason they haven't been up my ass lately is because the hospital gave some paper work to the district that I was out for medical reasons.

"It's fine. And if they do come, we'll figure out how to wash it over.... Or you can just pass out again." He laughed.
"Haha, very funny." I told him.

We got ready, got a quick breakfast, and headed to the district.
"Hey you two. Glad to see you guys back." Liz smiled when she saw us walk in.

"Good to be back. Anything exciting that we're working on?" I asked her.
"Uh yea actually. Why don't you guys just get ready and meet us out here?" Liz said.
I looked at Daniel.
"Alright..." I said.

When we got to the lockers, I looked at Daniel.
"I wonder what the case is..." I said.
"I'm not sure..." he said.
We got ready and headed back out.
"Alright everyone, listen up. We got a new case today." Diego called out.

He showed us the board.
"This is Michael Geraldo. Now, he's not a good guy. Him, along with Kaden Placers, and Justin West, have been involved in a drug trafficking investigation for months now. They've made over $760,000 in this. Now we need to start keeping an eye out for them. We got Nick trying to find out any information on these guys have could help us find him. Camera, recordings, etc. Kyle, Liz, here are some files, Henry and Garret, you guys will go help Nick. And Daniel and Skylar, you guys will head over to the corner of 9th and Seventh Street. That's where they were last seen." Diego explained.

"Got it, Sarge." We all said.
Daniel and I headed out to one of the cars. The unit has 1 pick up and 2 SUV type cars for the jobs.
We got in one of the SUVs and headed out.

"Hey, did you ever contact your moms back?" Daniel asked me.
"Uh, no... no I haven't. Why?" I asked him, wondering why he was telling me this.
"Just wondering... you can't just, cut them out of your life." He told me.
"No one said I was cutting them out of my life. I just... don't want to speak to them right now." I said.

He looked like he wanted to say more, but thank god he just kept quiet after that.
We pulled up to this convenience store.
We knew that we were going to basically be undercover for a few hours, seeing if those guys would be there again.

I got an energy drink and a pack of some gummy candies. Daniel got a diet soda and some chips.
When we left the store, I noticed a group of people near our car. They didn't look familiar or anything.

"Ready to go?" Daniel asked me.
"Uh yea, let's go." I said.
We started walking to the car, when one of the guys called out to me.
"Hey lady!" He called out. Throwing a bottle cap at the ground.

I looked over.
"Why don't you come here a sec? I can show you a good time?" He chuckled and his friends laughed too.
Daniel looked like he wanted to say something but I stopped him.

"Excuse me?" I asked them, seeing if they could sense my tone and back up.
"I think you heard me." He chuckled.
I chuckled, looked at the ground, and took of my sunglasses.
Then I lifted my shirt to show my badge and gun.

"I'll give you one more second to think about what you just said." I told him.
"Ooh a cop... you know what they say about cops?... that they're fun in bed." He laughed.
I was about to go and punch him, but if the chief found out about this, I would be gone.

I looked at Daniel, I knew he wanted to punch this guy.
"All you." I whispered to him and took a few steps back to let this show unfold.
"You wanna talk to someone? Talk to me." Daniel said.
"Yea sure. I lay a hand on you and you'll charge me with assault to a police officer." The guy told him.

Daniel took of his gun and badge and gave it to me.
"See? Now I'm not a cop." Daniel said.
The guy went to Daniel and hit him, but Daniel grabbed him and kicked him in the legs and stomach and knocked him down to the ground.

Then Daniel turned around and looked at me proud. I gave him back his stuff.
"My hero.." I laughed and kissed him.
"Come on, let's head to the location now." He laughed, putting his arm around me as we went back to the car.
We got in the car and went on our way.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

I Made a PromiseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara