Chapter 39

~Skylar's POV~
Once we got upstairs, we some people we didn't recognize.
"Detective Skylar Severide?" One of them asked me.
"Yes?" I asked, super confused.
"You have to come with us." They said, one grabbing my arm.

Another tried to take Julia from me, but I hit their hand.
"Don't touch her." I raised my voice.
"Let me take her." Diego said.
The kids started waking up and we're confused.
"Danny where are we?" Jayden sleepily asked.
Liz came over and took Jayden from Daniel.
"Get them out of here, please." Daniel told his father and Liz.
They took them to the break room.

"Detective Severide you need to come with us." One of the guys said.
"If you explain to me what's going on." I told them.
"You're responsible for the death of Eric Thompson. Correct?" One of them asked me.
I looked at Daniel.

"A was a Answer the question, Detective." One of them said.
"How do you know about that case?" I asked them.
"You need to come with us for questioning." They grabbed me by my arms. They took my gun as well.
"Let go of me!" I yelled at them, trying to pull away, but their grip was too strong.

"Listen you guys just can't take her." Daniel told them.
"They can, Daniel..." Jason said.
"Who the hell are you guys?" I asked the guys who had me. I had no clue who they were.

"Chief Oliver Collins." Some guy said. He showed me his abadge. Wee
Shit. The Chief of Police. There's no way Diego can help me with this.

"At least just question her here." Jason said.
The Chief ignored him and looked at me.
"Did you or did you not kill Mr. Thompson?" He asked me again.
I looked at Daniel, he gave me a look that said no. I know Diego didn't tell anyone I killed him. They said he fell after he tried to grab me and I moved. So he slipped and hit his head on the ground.

"No, I didn't. I'm pretty sure Sargent Diego Quinn already told you that." I told him.
"Yes I know Sargent Quinn. And I know how he likes to sweep stuff under the rug when it comes to his unit." The Chief said.

"Where did you even get the idea that I killed him?" I asked them.
"That's none of your business." They told me.
I looked at Daniel.

"She didn't do it. We were all there. And that whole case was when she was in the academy. She wasn't even a cop then." Daniel said.
"Ok, if she didn't do it. Then you guys won't mind if we ask her some questions." The Chief asked her.

Daniel looked at me.
"She doesn't need to be questioned. I've told you 100 times what happened to Thompson." Diego said.
"I'll get questioned. Fine." I said.

"Good. Show us to an interrogation room." Chief said.
"Before that, give me a minute." I said.
They let me go to the bathroom, and Daniel followed me.

We went to the bathroom and I was shaking and I didn't know what to do.
"What the hell is happening? How do they know?!" I tried my best to whisper- yell at him.
"Listen, listen... we don't know... just... I don't know..." he said. The fact that he didn't have an answer scared me.

I rubbed my face. This whole day started so normal and fun, now it's just turned into this shit show.
"I'm gonna go to jail..." I chuckled under my breath.
"Listen, no you aren't. We'll figure this out." He said.
I took a deep breath and went back out.

I was taken into one of our interrogation rooms.
"You cannot be in here." They said to Daniel.
"Just let him be in here." I said.
"He can't." The Chief said.

"Oliver, let my son stay with her. You guys are already stressing her out enough. He calms her down." Diego said.
Chief looked at Diego, Daniel, then at me.
"Ok fine. He can stay, but the rest of you have to leave." He told everyone else from our unit.
They all agreed. Daniel was in the room, but they wouldn't let him be near me. He stood in the corner of the room.

"Ok... we're going to do a background check on you first. Since you didn't become a cop the regular way, you never got one at the academy. And you basically have no records." There was another guy who was talking to me.
"Is this necessary?" I asked him.

"Only if you think you're not guilty." Chief said.
I looked at Daniel, sighed, and just nodded my head for this guy to start asking me the questions.

"Ok... are you originally from California?" The guy asked me.
"No." I said.
"Where are you originally from then?" He asked me.
"Chicago." I said.

"Why did you move here?" He asked me.
"School... And I also had too much shit happened to me there that I want to forget." I said.
"Did you originally wanted to become a police officer?" He asked me.
"No." I said. I was trying to answer these questions as short as possible.

"What did you go to school for? Originally." The guy said.
"To become an accountant." I said.
"Why did you decide to become a cop?" He asked me.
"I didn't like the major I chose anymore and decided to become one." I said.

"Did you have a previous relationship with Eric Thompson? Boyfriend? Ex-Lover?" He asked me.
I looked at him and sort of chuckled.
"Yea.. that would've been something..." I whispered under my breath.
"Answer the question." Chief told me.

"The guy is twice my age. No, of course he wasn't a past lover. He was my fucking kidnapper from when I was 17." I raised my voice at these guys.
The guys all looked at me curiously now.

The guy who was questioning me, had files with him, one was Eric Thompson's file, the other, was a file for me that he was filling out.
The guy was looking around his file, then pulled out the pictures from that week. The 5 year "anniversary" just passed. He studied them for about a minute before giving them to me.

I pushed away the pictures almost immediately when he showed me.
"I don't want to see those." I told him.
"This is you?" He asked.
"Yes. And I'm sure that file has everything you need to know." I said.

My heart was starting to race. I don't wanna think about that guy or that time again. The 5 year mark just passed and that was so hard for me.

"I just.. want to hear your point of view about it." The guy said.
"Why do you mean my point of view? I was kidnapped, beaten, tortured, and raped for a week. When we finally got to safety, my brother was dead." I said.
I looked at Daniel.

At this point, I just wanted to cry out of stress and frustration. But I somehow kept it together.
"Well, given your past with Mr. Thompson, how did you feel about him?" He asked me.
"What do you mean? I hated him. He killed my brother, almost killed me." I said.

"So... tell me how Mr. Thompson died." He told me.
I looked at Daniel and stayed quiet for a minute, trying to figure out how to explain the lie.
"He just... tried to grab me. Lunge for me. But I moved away quickly and he missed me. Then he just... fell. Hit his head on the ground." I explained.
I looked at Daniel, he nodded his head.

I just so jiggery and stressed out. I kept moving in my seat.
I could hear the guy's voice, but I didn't pay attention to what he said.
I kept thinking about that whole week and that day when I had to face that guy again. When I killed him.
I was sitting there, one of my legs were shaking and I was playing around with my hands. I could feel my breathing starting to get short and my heart rate was through the roof.

"Detective Severide?" I heard the guy's voice again.
I snapped out of it and looked at him.
"Excuse me?" I asked him.
"Why were you with Mr. Thompson in the first place?" He asked me.
"I... we..." I was trying to say.
All of a sudden I didn't feel ok.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻