Chapter 68

-Late November-
-Skylar is 25 weeks-
~Skylar's POV~
I heard my alarm start blaring at 6am. We have a long shift today. I turned off my alarm and rolled over in bed. After about 5 minutes I felt Daniel start stroking my cheek before I felt his lips touch mine.

"Babe.. come on, we have to get ready." He told me. I pulled the blanket over my head.
"I don't want to..." I groaned under the blanket.
He chuckled and pulled the blanket off my face.

After about 10 minutes, I got up.
I got dressed in maternity jeans and a sweater.
I braided my hair in a loose braid and did my makeup.
I went out into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and I saw Maxx come into the kitchen.

"You guys work today?" He asked me.
"Yea we do. We won't be home until close to 11 tonight. So swing by the district later today and we'll give you some money to go and get something. Don't stay out too late and don't be going on joy rides at a 100mph when it's pitch black out." I told him.

"Yea, I got it. You're starting to act like Mom and Ma now..." He mumbled under his breath.
I heard him and it took everything in me not to snap at him. He's been testing me so much lately.

"Just, be home at a reasonable time. I know it's Friday, but still... you gotta be home before we get back." I told him.
"Yea I got it..." he sighed.
"Good." I told him.

Daniel and I left soon after and said bye to Maxx.
We drove to the district and went upstairs.
Halfway up the stairs I had to stop because I was out of breath.
"The joys of pregnancy..." I chuckled as I caught my breath.
Daniel laughed and smiled at me as I grabbed his hand and we made the rest of the trip up.

We put our stuff in the locker rooms and I sat at my desk and pulled out my computer.
"Hey there mama." Liz chuckled as she came in and sat down at her desk.
"Hey." I chuckled.

"How's bug doing?" She asked me.
"She's good. Making it hard to do simple tasks now, but good." I chuckled.
"Have you and Daniel talked about a name yet for her?" She asked me.
"Not yet. Every time I'm about to start up the conversation about that, something always comes up." I explained.

"Ah ok. How are things with Maxx? I remember you telling me that he's moved in with you and Daniel? How's going from no kids to a teenager been? Especially while your pregnant?" She asked me.

"Girl... it's been a hell of a ride let me tell you." I laughed.
"I figured. Care to explain why?" She chuckled.
"Ok, don't get me wrong, he's my baby brother and I love him, and it's just probably because of my hormones. But he's just tests me so much. It's insane how many stupid little fights I have to find the strength to not start because he's always giving me an attitude. And mixed with the fact that I am running on a very short fuse, is not good." I joked around.

"That's teenagers for you. But at least he's out of trouble." She told me.
"That's the one good thing. I'm just happy he's not doing what I was going at his age." I laughed.

-Few hours later-
Liz and I were by ourselves at the district while everyone else was out on a call.
I was at my desk, just on my computer, bored out of my mind, when Liz came up to me.

"Hey, I need to head over to the guys. I'll be back soon." She told me.
"I'll come with you." I told her, getting up.
"You know your husband would kill me. Besides, we don't even know if it's dangerous or not there." She told me.

"Yea, they're at that abandoned house at 89 Junction Ave. they're only there examining the place to see if it's safe to do that set up for that undercover case." I explained, looking at a file.
She was at a list of words for a minute, then just laughed.
"Right... I forgot that's what you do now..." she said.

"Come on, let me just go. I'm bored out of my mind here." I told her.
"If I get yelled at by your husband, I'm blaming you." She told me.
"Deal." I told her.

We got down to a car and drove to the address.
Once we got there, once Daniel saw me get out of the car, he did not look happy.
"What are you doing here?" He asked worried with a slight attitude.

"Relax, I know you guys are just scoping this place out to see if we'll use it for that set up. And I was bored out of my mind at my desk. The minute this gets s but dangerous, I'll run out." I told him.
He shook his head.

"No, baby you need to go, it isn't safe for you to be active like this anymore." He told me.
I looked at him a bit annoyed.
"Babe, we're not even doing anything dangerous. I haven't worked on the field in over 3 months. I'm bored out of my mind. Just let me do this." I begged, but gave him a slight attitude.

He sighed and nodded his head. With a look that said 'I surrender'.
"Ok fine, but you're staying close to me and the second something doesn't seem right, I'm taking you out of here." He told me.
"Deal." I told him.

We all got ready and went in.
We were checking the place out. We got clearance to check this place out and if it's good, we'll use it for this undercover operation that we're working on.

We were looking around. But I spilt up with Daniel at some point to get check out a room. This house was abandoned, but not in too bad of a condition. We could use this house for what we have planned.

I was in a room on the 2nd floor I looked at the window. You could see the city from down there.
I looked down and saw some stuff in the driveway, I couldn't full see what it was exactly. Then my attention was distracted because baby girl started kicking me.

I got a bit startled and looked down at my stomach. Then I just laughed under my breath and smiled as I rubbed my stomach.
"Relax, honey." I chuckled under my breath.
I looked at the room and there was nothing here.

I went back downstairs.
All of a sudden I heard a ton of noise and then my radio went off.
"Found 3 young men, they're running at the north side of the house!" I heard Kyle.
I got my gun up and ran to the front of the house. Everyone else did too.

There was 3 of them, two of them ran away. But we caught one of them.
Liz had him pinned to the ground.
Kyle went over to him and then looked at Daniel and I.
He nodded his head and he grabbed the guy.
He turned him around.

"Maxx?"

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻