Seeing Is Believing

"This is a frat house? Who pays for all of it?" Spencer questioned over the blaring music, scanning the Sigma Beta Xi fraternity house.

From the outside, the house was accompanied by a large five-car-sized driveway. The freshly watered pavement lined with pebbled pavement looped from the cement, through the grass up to the outside staircase.

Six steps lead to the wooden porch deck outside the front door. A porch swing hung from the edge of the porch, and the opposing end was a five-person-sized coach.

And that was just the outside.

Filled with rowdy college students, stood a four-story house. Inside the living room, a complete surround system was occupied by drunken fools and an outrageous DJ.

"Overly generous white alumni, no doubt." The confident voice of Kia responded, dragging Spencer through the crowd of Central students. "Come on, it's too packed in here. Let's go out to the pool in the back." She insisted, knowing that was where the real party was.

Spencer nodded in agreement, letting his childhood friend yank him from the living room past the stairwell, down the hall. Spencer anayzler the decorative walls lined with pictures of frat alumni and group shots from different pledge classes and frat events. The walls ended once they reached the adjoining kitchen with two large steel fridges, a loop around-marble countertop, and other fancy supplies that shouted money. Of course, you wouldn't be able to tell through the mess parading through the area.

Bowls of spiked punch, pizzas boxes, shot glasses of various colors, water bottles, and beer cans of different brands decorated the counter. Multiple people goofed around in the kitchen in games of beer pong, kegstand challenges, and, or just stood around chatting over the music coming from the living room.

Shoving through the chaos, Kia and Spencer made it out of the sliding doors to the pool area. A separate DJ played throwback while small groups danced on the grassy lawn. Open bar food and drink attracted other students to the west end of the backyard, grouped with small tables for resting and eating. The poolside was reserved for lawn chairs where several women and guys tanned and conversed amongst themselves. Now and again a splash rose from the pool where the remainder of the partygoers were.

One side of the pool held a game of water volleyball, while the other half was filled with a circle of enthusiastic swimmers, cheering on rounds of chicken fights.

Narrowing his eyes, at the current round Spencer landed on a familiar face. Wet curls dangled down the sides of her face that radiated under the crisp heat. Her laughter swelled his insides at a sound of pure joy he hadn't heard in weeks as if there was no music or chatter among his surroundings. A large smile curled on the corners of her lips as he watched her get shoved midair and crash into the water.

"Olivia?" Spencer mumbled under his breath, as she came leaping from beneath the body of water. Her arms wrapped around a chiseled frame, silently encouraging another go at the game. His fist clenched and his lips lined tightly at the sight of the male helping himself to Olivia's hips, positioning her body in front of his own before dipping below the water. Liv laughed as her body shot off the ground level of the pool as she was raised on the shoulders of her partner.

Spencer's jealousy only grew finally gaining complete of the face of Olivia's date. "JR?" Spencer choked up, his voice almost cracking in disbelief. Just what the hell was going on?