The Real Surprise

"Alright, enough about my last two weeks

"Alright, enough about my last two weeks. I want to know what happened between you your man, Asher, when you ditched me in Vegas." Kia bomb rushed Liv, who'd dodged the question ever since her return from visiting Asher in Mexico.

"A lot happened." Olivia shrugged, not in the mood to talk about everything that changed between her and Asher since she last saw him.

"Nope, you do not get to leave me hangings after you made me come back home alone. I deserve the full story." Kia demanded playfully, not minding the extra time she was allotted in Vegas.

"Didn't you come here to help me paint?" Liv sniped, trying to force Kia to leave it alone.

"Was it that bad?" Kia inquired sensing the reason Liv did not want to talk might be because of a terrible outcome.

"Not really. It just wasn't what I expected." Olivia explained vaguely. "Look, let's just say I went down there to surprise him, only I am the one who got surprised."

Flashback --- 2 Weeks Ago In Mexico------

After talking to Asher's mom, Olivia managed to plan this impromptu visit for Asher. His mother picked her up from the airport and helped her get settled in. They spent the early afternoon eating and catching up. Liv detailed her summer events of enjoying art lessons, continuing her podcast, hanging out with friends from Crenshaw, and preparing for senior year.

"I'm glad to hear you're doing well." Asher's mother complimented, "But I am not going to lie, I wished you came out here with Asher."

"Me too." Liv agreed thinking how easy things would've been if she hadn't spent the summer growing closer to Spencer, rather than working on things with Asher. Her expression faltered, displaying her depressed demeanor. Quickly recovering, Liv forced a smile on her face. "But I am glad to hear that you and Asher are getting along. That's what this summer was really about."

"Thank you for understanding that." His mom gratefully responded. "I am glad Asher has you in his life."

Liv nodded, silently agreeing, unsure how long things would remain that way. How long would Asher stay in her life once he found out about Spencer?

His mother dropped her off at the beach that Asher spent most of his time at. Insisting she could find him from there, Liv waved goodbye to Asher's mother as she pulled off.

Strolling through the sandy grounds, it didn't take long for Olivia to locate her boyfriend. Tanner skin, untidy hair, but still the same Asher. She saw him, but he did not see her as he horse played with a curvaceous brunette.

She was a pretty girl who put a smile on Asher's face.

At that moment questions rumbled through Liv's mind. Who was this girl? How close were she and Asher? Did he have feelings for her? Was he cheating on Olivia with her? But then a strange feeling crept over Liv as she witnessed her boyfriend fondling another female.

Liv observed Asher's tranquil expression as he enjoyed his summer fun. She smiled slightly at how free he appeared, like the terrible things from last year never occurred. He was happy, and strangely enough, so was Olivia.

---------------------

"So you're happy he is cheating on you?" Kia scoffed, puzzled by her friend's strange behavior.

"It's not like that. It's complicated." Olivia vaguely elucidated, slumping her shoulders.

"Whatever. Like I said about your relationship with mister unfortunate --good ridden." Kia mocked, unsympathetic to the possibility of Liv leaving him. "Now back to what I asked you when you picked me up earlier. Where does this leave you and Spencer?"

Her question went unanswered as Olivia's eyes danced to the certain young man that currently held a part of her heart.

Feeling eyes on him, Spencer glanced over in Liv's direction. Meeting her stunning, chocolate orbs, Spencer felt himself freeze under her intense watch. Vegas forced them into avoidance these last two weeks, so to even meet her gaze was a miracle to him.

"Simone is having the baby." Jordan's excitedly announced, gaining his best friend's attention. Spencer's eyes pulled away from Liv's sight, falling onto a panicked Jordan.

"Oh my God, she's having the baby!" Jordan suddenly began to dread. "What do I do?" He implored, entirely forgetting where he was.

"First, breathe," Spencer advised, grinning at Jordan's anxiety. "Then put the paintbrush down and go to the hospital."

"The hospital, right." Jordan nodded in agreement as if he didn't know what to do next. "I gotta go to the hospital."

"Yeah, you do." Spencer laughed as Jordan bolted without another word.

"Good luck!" Liv called out, cheesing at how overjoyed her twin emerged running past her. Her head quickly swung in Spencer's direction at the sound of Spencer and Chris chuckling in reaction to Jordan's hyped mannerisms.

"Yep, that fool is in love, alright." Spencer chuckled watching Jordan jog down the hall, before glancing back over to Olivia to find her staring at him yearningly.

"You would know," Chris muttered, jokingly rolling his eyes at how desperately Liv and Spencer pined for one another.

"What?" Spencer choked, knowing he'd been caught gawking at Olivia.

"Nothing man," Chris chuckled at a flushed Spencer. "Listen, I don't know what's going on between you and Liv these days, but I do know what it feels like to sense that your girl is in a relationship with more than just you."

"What are you talking about?" Spencer questioned, determined to claim innocence.

"I am talking about how ole boy will notice that you and his girl are more than close friends when he gets back from his summer vacay," Chris predicted firmly. "Just...I don't know." Chris groaned not wanting to sound like a nosey friend. "Asher won't be back for a few more days, right? Which gives you time to solidify whatever you and Olivia have going."

"Ain't nothing going on between me and Liv." Spencer continued to deny.

"You and I both know Liv is too good of a girl to be tangled between different guys. She deserves a good, reliable relationship." Chris added, ignoring Spencer's denial.

"And what if she is the one doing the tangling," Spencer questioned, indirectly acknowledging there was something between him and Liv.

"Then cut the strings, man," Chris replied like it was common sense. "Either cuff her or leave her alone."

"That is what I've been telling him all summer." Darnell joined in. "He got Liv hanging on one end and Layla on the other."

"That's a damn shame, Spence." Chris chuckled, patting Spencer on the back.

"It's complicated," Spencer grumbled.

"That's why I stay single. No buffing, just fuc, -"

"Right, and the fact that you have no game has nothing to do with it." Chris snickered.

"We will see which one of us has game when I start this year, while you keep the bleachers warm." Darnell insulted back.

"Save it for the field." Spencer moaned, annoyed by their bickering.

Chris and Darnell shot each other competitive glares while Spencer pined for Liv.