part fourty six

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT
I'M LOOKING FOR

U2

The lights faded and the spotlight fell on the red drapes, blessing it to be the centre of attention. They insisted to be opened as all chatter died down and it was now that the audience knew, the play was about to start.

"Hey check on her again." Brandon whispered to Tom on his right and nodding obediently he called Y/n.

The two of them were sitting in the audience, on the velvet seats of the school theatre here to support May for her play. She had been preparing for it since the start of the year and her whole career depended on this sole performance. Everyone was there to cheer her on and make her feel confident while she was up on that stage, everyone except Y/n. Y/n after promising her presence, had decided not to come once again to something held by anyone that wasn't the group of Tom's friends.

"She's not picking up." He mumbled in concern.

"What the hell is going on with her." Brandon murmured and Tom sighed thinking the same thing. Though he appreciated Y/n becoming comfortable with his friends, it was worrisome how she was drifting away from hers.

The red drapes parted and behind it revealed a scenery of a dark forest in the midst of rain. There was a tent in front of it and inside sat May with a letter in her hand as she wrote to her lover on a rainy night.

The play continued on the story of Roberta and Mathew, two teens in the midst of raging war as they struggled to keep their lives in tact. The two fall in love through letters with the fear of loosing the other, or loosing themselves. Roberta would run across the stage singing out her heart the music of pain as she cried herself to sleep thinking of Mathew. Mathew would lie on the cold hard floor of war with a rifle in his hand to protect himself. The costumes were vibrant and torn to show the pains they had gone through. The lighting was blue and gloomy to show the intensity of loss the two were experiencing. The sounds were of gunshots, canons and cries but that was until the end.

In the end Roberta and Mathew saw each other for the first time, after the war had stopped and the sun had returned. The two were finally with the love of their lives. The play ended with the two sharing a lovely embrace, Mathew stroked Roberta's hair as she pulled him in closer. The play ended beautifully, it left the audience crying and blowing out their noses as they cheered everyone on the stage.

Brandon himself took out a paper roll from his pocket to wipe his tears and Tom wiped away his. He was so proud of his sister, she did an amazing job.

Right after the play ended everyone went to meet May backstage. Tom, Brandon and all her other friends ran behind the drapes to a small costume area to surprise her with flowers and chocolates.

"YOU WERE FUCKING SICK!!" Tom yelled as he picked her up and flung her over his shoulders.

"HEY PUT ME DOWN I JUST CAME BACK FROM WAR!" She screamed and everyone laughed. Brandon gave May a kiss on the head and everyone else came to give her a big group hug. Sauce went first and hugged her leg, divs the other leg, Riley with her seventh month baby hugged May by the waist while Louis hugged her from behind. They all squeezed her tightly until she could barely breath. The feeling was overwhelming and May couldn't have asked for more.

"Where's Y/n?" She asked looking around expectantly. Tom and Brandon shared a look and gulped. "What?"

"She didn't come." Brandon said simply.

"What do you mean?" She laughed awkwardly and crossed her arms.

"We tried calling her but she never came to see the play." Tom added immediately regretting that he had said that, May would be heartbroken.