part thirty eight

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Accidentally in Love

Counting Crows

"Sometimes I wish I could just stop time you know. It's like give me a break." May said with fatigue all over her face and her eyes almost dropping close.

"What happened? You look tired." Riley asked worriedly as she put a hand on May's shoulder, who had her forehead resting on the table.

"I stayed up all fucking night to go through my lines for the play and I had to film this audition tape for this movie and then Timothee came over which was no fucking help because it was three in the mother fucking morning and I wanted to crawl under the bed and never come out."

"What." Louis said with a loaded bite of lunch burger in his mouth.

May raised her head and looked deathly at Louis but the weariness still fresh on her face.

"I have a play next month. The one I've been practicing for since the start of the year. The romantic one where Timothee and I fall in love in the war, the typical tragic love story." She explained drowsily with sloppy hand movements that seemed to have a mind of their own.

"Weren't you doing Romeo and Juliet?" Divs asked sipping on her juice.

"There's sex in Romeo and Juliet." Y/n added.

"They would do it on stage if they had the chance." Sauce mumbled and everyone chuckled.

"Guys the point is." May began again and gulped. "I've been up all night, and I need sleep." Her head fell on the table again with a thud.

The group continued on with their usual weird discussions and laughed every now and then. May seemed to have fallen asleep in the cafeteria and began to snore while the others shared looks and only giggled.

May as you can tell by now, is a very charismatic human being. By the time she was seven she knew what she wanted to do when she grew up, and that was to become an actor. She didn't want it only for the fame and the fun that came along with it, but also because it was something she was passionate about ever since she put on her princess Jasmine costume on that one Halloween night.

The passion only grew when her life turned around completely. It was difficult for her to come to terms with the reality of her mother giving her in to Mrs Holland, it was something she never thought her mother would do. She trusted her mother, and she betrayed that trust. May knew she wouldn't trust the same again, but the home Portia and Tom gave to her was much better than anything she could have ever asked for. Portia was like a real mother, better than anything May had had before. She was almost never around but May knew she could count on her. While on the other hand Tom was really, more than an older brother to her.

They used to be quite close in the start. He used to take her to the park and help her do gymnastics tricks but the pair of them would almost always fall in a pit of mud. Tom would pick on other kids but May would always pull him away, looking out for her older brother just the way he did for her.

But as they grew older, they grew apart. The two of them found their own type of friends and realised that they didn't want to mix their lives together. Their relationship was nice, but it wasn't strong. The two siblings had never talked about their father, and they never intended too. It was a soft spot for both of them. A spot only the special ones could unlock when it came to the two of them.

May was embarrassed to admit it, but she was utterly and completely obsessed with Timothee. And she knew that it was love. But to her, her main priority was to follow her dreams and become who she had dreamed to be as a child, and to make Portia proud.