part twenty three

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Losing you

Stephen Dawes

The night was young. Dark navy yet light at it's heart. A cold air was running through Drive seven in a small area in Kingston towards the east, only a few two miles away from the city's High School.

Here in house 14 lived a pretty girl. Long black hair, perfectly tanned skin and a rather petite figure. Divya lived in a tiny house towards the end of the street, it had a small porch and a proper sturdy roof. That was all her and her mum needed.

Divya's father had passed away just before she started high school, it had been a great toll on her and her mother. It meant her mum had to work to stabilise not only her own, but her daughters life as well.

Two years had passed to his death and the two were doing perfectly well, they couldn't have asked for a better life since the tragic loss.

Divs had a kind heart, something she acquired from both her parents, yet she felt people always took advantage of that.

It was a quality not everyone could purely possess, but she did.

She didn't find herself falling in love easily, it was either a minor sexual attraction for a few days or either just thinking that a person was fun. She never fell in love.

But that was before she met Louis. They had been friends for years now, he and the girls were there with her when not even her mother was, and she loved them all for that. They were her family.

Divs always liked Louis, it was not a temporary crush, but rather a long lasting form of affection towards her best friend she couldn't seem to escape.

It took her time to realise she was in love with him, but when she did, he was all her mind would wander into.

She was like a princess who had finally found her prince.

And that prince was standing just outside her door on this cold delicate night.

Louis stood nervously outside the front door of her house, staring awkwardly at his feet. He had rung the bell two times and couldn't help but feel terrified of what was to happen.

Louis had asked Divs to join him on a fancy date, he had tried his best to make it turn out well. He was wearing a black suit he had spent ironing all day and shoes that he polished the day before.

He knew Divs wasn't one to be impressed by fancy dates, expensive food and extravagant clothing, but from what he was going to do he wanted to do as much.

He'd rather take her to a park and have a midnight picnic, something the both of them would enjoy, but he didn't seem for it to be right.

Louis had finally decided to tell her the truth. He couldn't hide it anymore, not to someone he was deeply in love with. It seemed wrong, unethical to not tell her. He was in love with her, and that meant she needed to trust him.

There was no love without honesty. No love without trust.

And he didn't want to hide a single thing from her.

The door opened in an instant and Louis abruptly straightened up. His eyes shot up and his mouth fell open as Divs opened the door.

Her hair was open, falling gracefully lower then her back. She was wearing a red dress that reached her knees, leaving room for the mist to touch through her shoulders and collarbone.

She was wearing red heels to match, ones that she had sneakily taken out of her mum's closet. She really understood when Louis told her to wear something 'fancy.'