part thirty nine

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

I can't help falling in love

Elvis Presley

The warm sunshine weighted down on Y/n's eyes as the rays focused on the bed placed in the middle of the room. The grey sheets were crumbled up as two lovers rested upon it with the blanket snuggling them inside. It was a rather sunny morning considering that it was the month of December, and snow was falling on the little rooftops of the identical Kingston houses.

Winters in Kingston had always been this way. Heaps of snow and loads of ice, yet the sun still shone on this town and the flowers still rose back up. The morning was tranquil as the birds chirped and the mild breeze ran through every house. Tom's arm was placed around his girlfriend's body as he pulled her face close to his chest, Y/n hugged him tighter and had her hand resting on the bare skin of his back. The warmth of their bodies heated each other more than the blanket itself and the air was only filled with the sounds of their breaths.

Y/n stirred as she woke up from her sleep, the feeling of coming back into the present seemingly new to her after a long, sweet night of wholesome dreams.

"Good morning." Tom mumbled through her hair and she could feel the smile on his lips as well as the raspiness in his voice. The gentleness in his tone tickled her stomach and made it flutter about, she couldn't help but giggle and met his eyes.

"Good morning." She murmured, her hands traced up his neck to tangle his hair around her fingers. She ran her fingers on the back of his head, feeling the softness of his curls as he melted at her touch. Tom reached downwards and kissed her lips as she responded tenderly with her own.

"Where were you last night?" She whispered on his lips, her voice elegant and soft, her hands still playing with his hair and her eyes set on his with a smile.

"I was out clubbing with everyone." He said giving her another kiss. Y/n knew what 'everyone' meant, it was probably all of the soccer boys and his close friends Tom used to sit with during lunch. "Why didn't you come?"

He asked and Y/n went still for a moment, she didn't want to face this question again. Of course she couldn't tell him about all the insecurities she had regarding being around his friends and the constant feeling she felt that she wasn't fit enough for him. So instead she muttered, "Oh you know, just spending time with Riley since she's pregnant."

That was a lie. Y/n was alone in her room all day yesterday while Brandon binge watched Love Island downstairs. She was busy doing her reporting assignment that Professor Hiddleston had assigned her to do. Y/n was grouped with Melody and Eliska for this one and the three laughed away on video call. It was a fun night until she had absolutely nothing to do. Y/n had come to the Holland's  and fell asleep on her boyfriend's bed after realising that both May and Sauce were asleep.

"Oh yeah right." He replied with a frown but smiled as soon as Y/n kissed his cheek.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." She mumbled and rolled out of the bed. She began to pull on her pants which had been blissfully tossed on the floor last night once Tom came. Y/n tied her hair in a deranged bun and walked out of the room as Tom's eyes watched her move with a snigger on his face.

"Shut up." Y/n said rolling her eyes with an amused grin and she shut the door close.

"BUT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!" She heard Tom yell from the other side of the door as Y/n walked towards the bathroom and only chuckled. Y/n yawned as she walked in the hallway where the three bedrooms were. On the right of the hallway was Tom's room, at the very end followed by a spacious wall decorated with pictures and letters which faced the left side of the wall. This side was lined with doors, one to Portia's room; which had been closed for a while now since she was on one of her long business trips, one to May's room and then finally the bathroom. Y/n pulled on the knob to the bathroom but it did not open.