part twenty five

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Out of my league

Fitz and the Tantrums

It was early in the morning, about seven perhaps. The sun had risen to its fullest and shone down upon on the majestic gardens and the tidy streets of Kingston. The birds had stopped chirping, though the sounds of car engines and striding motor bikes became more and more prominent as people left their homes for work.

May was sitting comfortably inside her house, her arms resting on the dining table with a small bowl of cereal in front of her.

She was on the phone with Timmy. Well that should be no surprise seeing as the two of them could barely resist each other. She giggled uncontrollably as he sent her yet another message.

' can't wait to see you ❤️ '

He had said, making her cheeks bubble and blush. She began typing back, a few hearts here and there, making him the perfect morning text while eating her cereal.

Suddenly the sounds of footsteps descending down the stairs became louder making her straighten up and put down her phone. She guessed it was Tom, seeing as Mrs Holland had left early in the morning for a bank meeting in Dubai.

May silently ate her breakfast waiting for Tom to come into the kitchen and complain about how there was no cereal left, but to her surprise he wasn't alone.

She turned her head to see him walk through the door but stopped still. He was walking next to Y/n, their hands entwined and their shoulders brushing one another. They giggled as they entered the room and froze in place after turning their head to spot May already thinking, what is going on?

No one said anything. The silence continued as the three exchanged glances at one another, confusion on each of their faces. May eyed the two of them carefully, in a manner of scrutiny puzzled on how this managed to happen.

The awkward moment of eerie silence was firm and the tension so high you could cut it with a knife.

May furrowed her eyebrows and then smiled.

"Can't say I'm surprised." She stated casually, putting in a mouthful of cereal.

Tom and Y/n looked at one another baffled and then back at the brunette who acted as if nothing had happened at all.

"Uh- what?" Tom asked, the incomprehension seen clearly on his face.

"What? You guys are dating now right?" She asked not taking her eyes off them as she messily ate her froot loops.

"I mean uh, we don't know?" Y/n said nervously looking at Tom not knowing what either of them wanted her to say.

"We aren't?" Tom asked turning to her with deep confusion.

"I mean we are?" Y/n looked at him awkwardly.

"Yeah we are? I mean if you want then we are but if you-" He spoke with his words in complete disarray until he was cut off by his younger sister.

"Oh for fucks sake yeah you are, I mean you've probably slept what, two times give it a break and say your dating." She rolled her eyes and gulped down the milk left from her cereal.

"We're dating." Y/n said.

"Yeah we're dating." Tom repeated and the two of them chuckled at how incredibly foolish all this was.

"So? Your okay with this?" Y/n questioned.

"Yeah, I was betting on it." She smiled and got up.

The two watched as she happily got up from her chair at the table and took her dishes to the sink humming a joyful tone.