part fourty five

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

MEDICINE

Dayglow

Weeks had past and day by day Y/n had started growing unusually popular amongst the students of East High. Despite having girls come to her for small talk or guys help pick up her dropped pencil in class, her friends did not seem to like it.

Their disapproval was evident on their faces. Whenever Y/n went to sit down at the table where Tom sat, she used to give the four of her friends an awkward smile and settled down next to her boyfriend as she tried to engage in conversation with this whole new group. Riley had been absent for the recent weeks considering that she had a large pregnant belly bump, though she kept daily contact with everyone.

Everyone used to assemble at her house after school, everyone except for Y/n. She was usually busy going on trips with Tom or roaming around the mall with Chloe. Riley didn't mind much since her mere focus was the child inside of her, the other four however were furious. Everyday they lost a little bit of respect for Y/n whenever she bailed on anything they planned, she didn't come to game nights and sitting with them at the cafeteria was no longer a tradition. Though today was a bit too infuriating.

Y/n stepped into the cafeteria hand in hand with her boyfriend, a big smile on her face and immediately her eyes were glued to the table with Zee and Chloe. She smiled and giggled at some joke Tom must have muttered and sat down with his friends, not throwing a single glance at her friends.

"ITS LIKE WE DONT EXIST!" May complained, the anger clear in her voice. She was particularly having a hard time accepting the fact that Tom seemed to be much more of a priority to Y/n compared to herself. Though you couldn't blame her, no one likes their friend to be snatched away from them by a mysterious cool boy, no matter even if he is your brother.

"She knows we're here she's just not looking." Divs rolled her eyes and put her head down on the table with a huff. Louis stroked her hair with a sigh.

"She was bound to change with that lot around." He mentioned and everyone nodded.

"Fuck it guys, at least let's try to invite her and stuff. We can ask her to help out for the play tonight." Sauce spoke, trying to bring about a positive note in conversation.

Just as the group exchanged their thoughts, a different conversation was taking place where Y/n sat.

"Guys bring extra alcohol if you can, we might need it." Zee started as she popped a fry in her mouth.

"Will do." Harrison muttered placing a kiss on Sophie's cheek. The two them had been getting a bit too sexual than usual or maybe more comfortable with Y/n's presence.

"Is there a dress code like the others?" Chloe asked curiously almost dozing off, her lack of sleep had certainly made its way to her murmuring voice.

"Wear anything, wear nothing I don't care the point is TO PARTY!!" Zee yelled accidentally and the whole cafeteria went quiet.

Suddenly their table broke into laugher as the hall was filled with Chloe and Sophie's loud giggles, Tom and Harrison's coincidental spitting of water, Y/n's low chuckles and Zee's cute little snorts. In the moment Y/n watched as they all giggled and she giggled along with them while the whole room stared at them in confusion. How everyone rolled their eyes at them but at the same time shook their heads in amusement. She couldn't help but think that she used to be one of these people, and now she was the one laughing.

There was a sense of triumph in her and she felt like a part of Tom's world, she felt as if she had made her first steps into it.

The bell rang soon after and everyone began shuffling out of the cafeteria.