𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙 , required reading

required reading

required reading

Wheezing sounded through the hospital corridors as Scott McCall lay on the floor, gasping for air as he extended his hand, desperately trying to reach the inhaler he had dropped just inches from him. He could feel his chest tighten, as his airways became the texture of sandpaper, savoring all of the oxygen that remained inside the werewolf's body. A heavy boot stamped on the inhaler as he looked up to see The Dread Doctor attached it, the sound of their breathing filtered through a mask. A puff of prednisone dust filled the air as Scott McCall continued to wheeze. The drug that his body itched for. He was defenseless, his vision blurring in and out of focus, his lips turning to a pale blue as the oxygen supply lessened. The Dread Doctor raised the Alpha from the floor, his hand grasped around Scott's throat as he continued to wheeze, wanting to fight against it, but it was rendered useless as he kicked his legs back and forth.

The elevator doors pinged, turning the werewolf's head to see Malia and his mother, the coyote already had her canines bore in preparation for a fight against the creatures she knew were here inside of the hospital. She wasn't going to pass up the chance to fight them. As she growled The Pathologist threw the werewolf aside, focusing on the girl who leaped out of the elevator with a kick into the doctor's chest, allowing Melissa a clearway to her son as she rushed to his aid. The nurse pulled her struggling son into the elevator, urging him to hide, their eyes on the coyote as she battled it out with The Pathologist.

Every hit she threw seemed to fail, the doctor turning right back, practically untouched by the kicks and punches she threw at him. She growled loudly alerting the McCalls as they paused, a bronchodilator in Melissa's hand, prepared to help her son's asthma attack. Both were put on edge, watching the coyote and her failing attempts at fighting the doctor. Melissa injected Scott, allowing him to take a large breath, a sign that his condition was already improving. The nurse's voice screamed for the coyote to treat, screaming for the girl to run as another ferocious growl echoed through the halls, only it hadn't come from Malia. 

The Pathologist grabbed Malia, choking the girl as she struggled to remove his hands from her throat. The sound of that growl grew closer as Melissa and Scott looked past the fight to the end of the hall, a white figure appeared. A creature on all fours. A white wolf. Its mere presence gave Malia a chance to break free as The Pathologist turned his head to look at the creature growling at it. Scott pushed himself against the elevator wall as he looked at the ferocious creature with a slacked jaw, unsure where it had come from or who it was, Melissa continued to scream for the coyote to get inside the elevator. 

As Malia crashed breathlessly into the elevator wall the three watched as the white wolf leaped onto The Pathologist, its strength pushing the doctor into the wall, much more effortlessly than all of Malia's attempts as it found itself weak, for all of a split second. A split second that gave a sprightly wolf a chance to jump into the elevator with them, Melissa quickly pressed the button, shutting the four of them in as The Pathologist came rushing toward the elevator. The creature inside with them shedding its fur as Kinsey Argent stood central to the lift, her chest heaving as she looked down at Scott as he sat on the floor with a hand on his chest.