𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , pack mentality

pack mentality

pack mentality

There were a lot of things Kinsey hated.
She was an average height girl filled with an absurd amount of hatred towards the world, and almost everyone within it. But one thing sat at the top of her list, on a high pedestal where it would never be replaced, not even by the likes of Greenberg. That one thing was chemistry class. With the mixture of her new seat beside Jackson who used this class as his opportunity to fit in a mid-day nap and the biggest asshole of a teacher stood in front of them, there was no denying chemistry had claimed its spot at the top of things Kinsey Katherine Argent hated in life. Though she had to give Jackson at least some credit because when he wasn't quietly snoring beside her he would partake in her pestering Mr. Harris for the entirety of the lesson. He deserved it after the show he made on her first day. Sometimes it would end in them sharing lunchtime detention and on the rare occasion that Harris had chosen someone else as today's victim, she would be let off with a sharp stare and lecture in front of the entire class which she could handle. Other than herself Stiles and Scott often found themselves on the other end of Harris's hatred towards the teenagers of Beacon Hills. Which was just as entertaining as causing the trouble herself.

But today her mind was distracted from terrorizing her chemistry teacher after pulling into a parking lot filled with crime scene investigators, deputies stood blocking the news anchors who tried to get a peek into what had happened here last night and a school bus that had clearly been the scene of a horrific incident. Or potentially murder. Its doors hung from its damaged hinges, blood on every surface, and claw marks that had to belong to an animal scratched across its paintwork. All gossip about who was screwing who and who had the latest designer handbag (it was usually Lydia) ceased to exist after everyone had seen that- now everyone was trying to guess what had happened. Who the blood belonged to. And what the hell could have created a scene so dire. Most people's theories were pretty simple as they chose what seemed like the obvious answer, an animal attack. It wouldn't have been the first time a crime was a suspected animal attack in a town surrounded by woods so large that nobody really knew what lurked within them until those animals dared to show themselves.

Those who had more imagination would have liked to believe that it wasn't something as simple as a mountain lion plaguing the town every once in a while, that something much more cynical was happening in the town that they called home. Kinsey was amongst those people. People who had probably read too many fictional books that they struggled to differentiate fiction from reality, or simply didn't want to. Nevertheless, people who did think that way, like herself, would never admit it or even attempt to suggest that something else lived amongst them. Not unless they wanted a one-way ticket into a mental institution like the one she had heard Beacon Hills had. Eichen House- a place so spine-chilling that it almost deserved its own horror movie. The people there were sure to have some interesting stories.

"So, what do you think happened?" Jackson asked the brunette in a hushed tone as he leaned closer to her disguising their conversation from Harris who casually looked over his shoulder every once in a while in hopes to catch people like them mid-conversation.