𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 , ouroboros

ouroboros

ouroboros

Scott McCall stood before the Hale sisters with folded arms, their cold breaths visible as they all stood on the brink of the preserve, prepared to scour it for Liam and Hayden. Not a stone would be left unturned. He had a plan. He hoped that unlike his last one, this would go smoother, they would have Liam and Hayden back home by the end of the night, wrapped up in their beds at a decent enough time that the two could return to a somewhat normal teenage life tomorrow. He may have been in over his head, but he was also Scott McCall, and that was what he entailed, if not for obscene optimism, it wouldn't be him. 

With the three of them here and their knowledge of the preserve the Alpha believed the task at hand was simple, he had a coyote who had lived in these woods for years in his grasp, and a girl who was an evolved werewolf, not to mention her hunter abilities, he was convinced she could do it alone, but he couldn't sit and wait for Kinsey to come back with her findings. He needed an answer as soon as possible, he needed to know that his beta and Hayden were safe. 

Malia was completely on board with the plan, prepared to rush off before he had even finished his explanation, but the same couldn't be said for the other girl who knew that this search in the dark would involve using eyes that neither Malia nor Scott had seen yet, eyes that she refused to let them see. One look at her and they would know she was guilty, that she had spilled innocent blood, in the blink of an eye she would lose everything. That day would come, but it sure as hell wasn't going to be tonight. 

Scott looked at the Argent, patiently waiting for her verbal agreement, or even a criticism if the plan he had curated didn't seem suitable to her, he trusted her instincts, her plans, she was the trained huntress here, if anyone knew how to find two missing people it was her. Kinsey stared into the nothingness as she thought about the consequences of her actions, how she needed to tell someone about her mistake, only she didn't know how. Kinsey! Scott called her name as she snapped out of her trance, looking at him with innocence, feigned innocence, wondering what it was that she had missed. 

He summarised the plan once again, explaining how it entailed her using her new evolvement to sniff out Liam and Hayden, and then the girl's face immediately dropped again. I can't. She told him plainly, confusing both her sister and the Alpha. If anyone was first to volunteer for saving a life, it was her, but now she was telling them she couldn't help? Malia's eyes narrowed further on Kinsey, it was happening again, her sister's peculiar behaviour, proving something was going on with her. I can't do it, she repeated again with a shake of her head.

Scott mistook her refusal as a lack of confidence, believing that her I can't do it was down to her lack of faith in herself and her abilities, it was all still new to her, he could understand why she'd struggle to believe she was capable of sniffing out Liam and Hayden. In fact, she had never been taught how to do that. "Kinsey, your an evolved wolf. If anyone has the best odds of finding Liam and Hayden it's you."