𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. a credible threat

INHERITANCE

chapter seventy-seven ; a credible threat
[ season five - episode seventeen ]

INHERITANCEchapter seventy-seven ; a credible threat[ season five - episode seventeen ]

𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 around the table, Kinsey sat beside Isaac. Opposite them, his older brother and her uncle. The hellhound had come to seek the assistance of the Argents, the only people that seemed to have an incline on him and the things he was capable of. With that, came seeking his brother's help too. It was Isaac's idea to ask them for help, one that he had given Jordan a long time ago, but it was only now that he had gotten around to doing it. 

Only now had he decided enough was enough. He couldn't take it anymore. He needed answers. He had to know what was happening to him every time he closed his eyes. Where he went when he thought that he was just sleeping. He didn't see who better to help than trained hunters. One of them being just like him, someone who was familiar with the sensation of not having control over their own body. How seeking out the dead called to them. Someone who had wandered the town in their sleep a couple of times too. 

He hoped that the two could use their knowledge to follow him, to stop him if he tried to hurt an innocent person. To give him the answers that he so desperately craved. 

"It happens every night," Parrish told them. "I don't know when, and I don't know what triggers it. But at some point every night, I leave. When I come back, I find burnt clothes and blood. If I didn't know certain things, I'd call it sleepwalking. But I'm not just wandering out the door. I'm heading out with purpose. I'm searching for something. That's why I need you to follow me." he asked of them as the Argents looked at one another, Chris' interest growing, along with concern. "I need to know where I'm going and what I'm doing. If people are getting hurt because of me. If I'm adding to the body count. I have to know. When I wake up at night, and it takes over... I want you to follow me." he instructed them pleadingly. "And if you have to... I want you to stop me." as he uttered the words, Parrish's eyes landed on the gun that Argent had laid out on the table, that was where he kept it. As though it wasn't a lethal weapon. 

Unsure of what to say, Chris and Kinsey looked at one another. As he had told his story, the Angel had become increasingly unsettled by it all. She was reminded of the times when she wandered in the night, how scary it was to wake up from that trance. To not have control over herself or her mind. Isaac had sensed it, seeing how she had clenched her jaw and how she fidgeted in her seat as she tried to not find discomfort in the tale and the things Parrish wanted from them. He held her hand, squeezing it to try and settle her. For the first time in a long time, he was able to do it, to not have to second-guess what he did or said, because he know how she felt, and he felt it for her too. He could be there for her again, doing all of the things he wished that he never stopped doing in the first place.