𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , frenemy

frenemy

frenemy

Jackson. Lydia. Derek.
That was how their list of problems currently stood.

None of which could be health with until they had managed to escape Sheriff Stilinski and the string of deputies that he'd brought with him to investigate the break-in at the McCall house. But he wasn't considered one of their problems, more so an obstacle that stood between them and searching the town for the Kanima, Jackson, before Derek found him. The Alpha himself along with his beta's had quickly fled the scene, quicker than the other five were able to. Instead, they had to sit and wait to be questioned about the "burglary" that had happened here, it didn't need to be spoken for them all to know that it had been Lydia who called them. They couldn't blame her, she was petrified, she didn't and still doesn't know what was going on around her.

Once the three girls were questioned they sat on the porch steps outside of the house waiting for Scott and Stiles to be done. They were mirror images of each other as they all sat forward, elbows on knees as they twiddled with their thumbs. Not a word had been spoken between them despite there being plenty to say, a million questions to ask. Before sitting down Kinsey and Allison had taken the small chance to talk to one another, devising a plan of how they'd explain it all to Lydia without telling her the truth. Even though they hadn't quite come up with a plan, Allison had taken it upon herself to be the one to explain to Lydia, for some reason she felt it was her responsibility. She felt responsible for the redhead and everyone else is here tonight, in trouble with the werewolves, if it wasn't for her secret relationship with Scott none of them would have been here. At least that was how she'd seen it.

Not because of the homicidal reptilian that was actually the captain of the lacrosse team.

Kinsey occasionally looked up to see Sheriff Stilinski still questioning his son and Scott, trying to fathom what had happened here tonight, which frankly even she was trying to do. And they were the ones with actual information. He was just investigating a break-in, not trying to capture Jackson before he dug his venomous claws into someone else.

After waiting a little while longer Stiles finally approached the girls with an exasperated sigh causing all three to look up at him through their eyelashes, none of them had the energy to actually raise their heads to look at him after what they had been through tonight. But even without being properly looked at he continued to explain how he had scored a deal with his father, he'd convinced the man to let him go long enough that he could take the three girls back to the school to pick up Allison's car that she had had to abandon at the school when they had rushed out of it to protect Lydia.

The ride to the school was one filled with an awkward silence. Stiles attempted to stir up some conversation between the three girls but between Kinsey who sat beside him in the passenger seat and the two girls in the back, all resumed their silence, not even sharing a look with each other. Not even a sly look in the rearview mirror between Kinsey and Allison. But even that didn't beat the awkwardness that was the second car ride from the school to Lydia's house. Kinsey had weaseled her way into being there when Allison created a lie to cover up tonight's events, she thought it is best that there were two people to tell the lie, maybe then it would be better disguised. Plus, she felt just as guilty for Lydia being there tonight. She believed she played a much bigger part than Allison, if she had been more adamant in getting Lydia away from the field on the night of the formal maybe none of this would have happened. If it wasn't for the bite that she received Derek would have never suspected her of being the Kanima.