Chapter Fifty-Eight: Drama King and Queen of South Korea

"You didn't do anything wrong, Tae. I promise," I told him. "You're funny, you're kind, you're silly, you're intimidatingly handsome... You're too good for somebody like me. Too perfect. There's no way that Fate would see fit to give me somebody like you."

"But what if it did?" He asked me. "I don't know why you think that I'm too good for you. I'm not. I think that I'm just the right amount of good for you. I think that I was made to be just the right amount of good for you."

I stared at him for a moment, then shook my head. "No, Tae. You're wrong." I frowned and looked down at my hands.

"Fine," he said with a sigh. "Let's talk about something else. Did you watch Friends in Korean with English subtitles like you said you were going to, to learn how Joon did, but opposite?"

I was still looking at my hands as I shook my head.

Tae sighed yet again. I could practically feel him rolling his eyes at me. "What gives, Kit? You can talk and giggle with a stranger, but you can't even have a conversation with me? At the very least, we're friends....with benefits."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "That was a one time benefit, Kim Taehyung, and I really don't appreciate you telling Jimin everything. He was teasing me about the closet! Nothing happened in that closet, Tae! So why are you telling people about it?"

"It almost happened," he grumbled at me. "If Jin and Kris hadn't cock-blocked us by almost dying."

I stared at him for a moment, before busting up in giggles. I covered my mouth with one hand because I knew that when I laughed, I looked ridiculous. Tae, of course, wouldn't have it. He reached across the small table and pulled my hand away.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." He shook his head as he used his tongue on the back of his teeth to make the sound. "I said that I didn't want to watch another guy make my soulmate giggle. Not that I didn't want to be the one to make her giggle."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're too much, Tae. Why do you think that we're soulmates?" He opened his mouth to answer, but I pointed a finger at him before he could. "And I swear to God, if you tell me that it's because Kit and Tae both have three letters, I will walk right out that door and head back to the US."

"But...they do both have three letters. I think that that is a perfectly logical reason."

He was giving me these cute, blinking, puppy dog eyes. It took everything in me to roll my own eyes at him again and move to push myself up from the table. But before I could, he grabbed my wrist.

"Oh sit down, you drama queen," he said, rolling his own eyes this time. "I'm just messing with you. I have more reasons than just that."

I dropped my jaw at his audacity. "Dude. You have NO room calling anybody else dramatic. You're the biggest drama king that I've ever seen."

"Oh, I know I am," he said, a smug smirk on his lips. "Another reason why we match, Kit. And not just because you're equally as dramatic." He paused to laugh at the look still on my face. "Oh drop the act. You are, and you know it. And I love that you don't take my dramatics and just let me have my way. You give right back. It's fun, don't you think?"

"Let me see if I've got this right..." I said, my eyes locked onto his. "You think that we're soulmates because it's fun when we try to out-drama each other?"

Before he could answer, the air horn blew again, and there was another guy standing behind him, waiting to take his place. But, of course, the only rules that Kim Taehyung follows are his own.