Chapter Three: What the Hell Just Happened?

They both rushed me at once, but Jungkook was the first to get to me. He picked me up and spun me around in the small aisle between the chairs. He must be stronger than he looked, because I wasn't exactly tiny.

I smacked his shoulder lightly. "Put me down!" I told him in Korean.

"Kook, set her down before you make her dizzy," Hoseok told him. "You're going to scare her off."

Jungkook sat me down and shot Hoseok a glare. "Would you stop telling me that I'm going to scare her off? She's my soul mate, too."

"He's not scaring me," I told them. "He's just...really sweaty."

Jungkook ducked his head and blushed. "I'm sorry. I just got so excited that we found you."

I looked from one of them to the other, then around us. A few people were staring. "Umm...could we possibly take this somewhere else? I work here, remember?"

They both nodded and apologized, then quietly followed behind me as I left the theater. I had no idea where to take them, though. My cabin seemed like a bad idea. It was messy and small. So, instead, I led them down an empty corridor towards my classroom, letting them go inside first, then followed them in and turned on the light after shutting the door.

They were both staring at me, and it made me a little uncomfortable. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I don't know about him," Hoseok said, gesturing to Jungkook. "But I just can't believe that you're here. That you're real."

Jungkook nodded his head to everything that Hoseok was saying. "I am same." He told me in English, which was kind of adorable.

"Why do you both think that you're my soul mates?" I asked them. "Nobody has ever had two soul mates before. It doesn't make sense."

Hoseok took a tentative step towards me and held out his hand. "Can I have your hand?" He asked me. I knew which one he wanted, so I gave him the one with the markings on my wrist. He turned it over and pushed my sleeve up, then ran his long, thin fingers over my wrist, making me shiver. "Nobody has ever had a double marking, either, but here it is."

"But why do you think that you two are my soul mates?" I asked.

"You answered the phone call, didn't you?" Jungkook asked, switching back to Korean.

I decided to do the same. Hoseok seemed like he had a good grasp on English, but I could tell that Jungkook was struggling, and I wanted to make it easier for him.

"I did answer it, but..." I said, taking a deep breath. "But I got my markings nine years ago. Why is this the first phone call that I've ever gotten?"

"Nine years ago?" Jungkook asked, then looked up at the ceiling. I could tell that he was doing the math in his head. "So you're....33?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah...I'll be 34 in a couple of months. Why? How old are you guys?"

Hoseok still had a hold of my hand, and he used it to pull me over to sit down on the top of my desk. He sat next to me, not letting go of my hand. He moved his left arm so that I could see his soul mate marking. It was my phone number, but...not quite.

"I got mine 3 years ago," he told me. "It was missing numbers, and I could never figure out why. I tried everything I could think of to figure it out. I wanted to find you so badly. Nobody....Not doctors, not scientists, not even the great-granddaughter of the man who created the original elixir could explain it to me."

"His great-granddaughter?" I asked in surprise. Wow. He really had tried to find me.

"There wasn't anything I wasn't willing to do to find you," he told me with a small smile. "Short of becoming a science experiment, which they expected me to do."