Chapter Forty One: The Interview: Hoseok

"Can you start with your name, age, where you're from, and what you do?"

"My name is Jung Hoseok, I'm 28 and from Gwangju, South Korea, though I now live in Seoul. You probably know me better as J-Hope from BTS."

"Do you have a soulmate marking?"

"Yeah. I do." Hobi held his wrist out to show it to the camera. "It's one of my soulmate's phone number. But it's missing two numbers and my other soulmate has those two numbers on his wrist."

"So you have two soulmates?"

"Yeah. I do. And they're both more than I ever could have dreamed for myself."

"Can you tell me who they are and how you met them?"

"Well...one of them is another member of BTS. Jungkook. He has the missing numbers from our other soulmate's phone number that's on my wrist. And our other soulmate is named Mairette. She's a teacher. We met her when one of her students won a contest to have BTS come and do a show at their school. My-My teaches on a semester at sea cruise ship. Well...she did. Now she teaches online so that she can be with us when we have to travel abroad."

"How did you know that she was your missing soulmate?"

"Mairette had two markings. One for me and one for Kook. It says 'South Korea' twice on her wrist. When Kook got his mark a couple of months ago, when he turned 24, we realized that the font matched mine and were the missing numbers for the phone number on my wrist. We spent some time trying to figure out where his numbers fit into mine. Then, when we finally figured out that only one configuration was a working number, we started calling the number like crazy, but it always said that she was 'out of area'." I used my hands to make quote marks in the air. "We thought maybe she was in a desert or on the top of a mountain or something. Turns out...she was in the middle of the ocean. There's not a lot of cell reception out there. But when we went on her ship and she was talking to Joon in Korean and showed him her double marking, Kook knew that it was her. I had my doubts, because it was almost too easy. But after we performed for all of the kids on the ship, I called the number and she answered."

"After that, did you all just fall into being together? How did that work? Was it awkward at all?"

"I...ummm... I expected to have to work at it. But with us, it was kind of just easy from the start. There have been some awkward moments, don't get me wrong. Not really with My-My. But more with me and Kook. We spent almost nine years feeling like brothers, and then all of the sudden, it was so much more. I've kind of always thought that he was hot, but I mean...who doesn't think that Jeon Jungkook is hot? But I always felt guilty, because he was my dongsaeng. And I kind of always thought that I was straight. But as soon as we found out that he was a part of my soulmate bond, I started thinking a little differently. And yeah, it was really awkward at first. Kind of super awkward, actually. I didn't even know how to look at him for a few days. But once we accepted it...it got easier. It got...perfect."

"So then did things...happen with you and Jungkook before you met your other soulmate?"

"No. Nothing happened before we met Mairette. It didn't feel right. Mairette is the missing piece that brought us all together. We say that we're like puzzle pieces. And you can't complete the puzzle without all of the pieces, can you? Without her, it just wasn't...Ummm....it just didn't work. Although it did help me with the guilty feeling I had towards Kook."

"Does Jungkook feel the same way as you do?"

"You'll have to ask him that. I can only go off of what he's told me, or what he's shown me. But once we both accepted everything, it all fell into place. I love Mairette, and I love Kook just the same. I need them both to feel complete."