Brave path 19

Rebecca:
"Thank you."

Thomas:
"Is there anything I could do to help?"

Rebecca:
"Not really. If you sat and hugged me tomorrow I would appreciate it though."

Thomas:
"Of course. Have we got everything? Matt will tell me off for getting you home too late." He groaned, checking the list.

Rebecca:
"It'll do." I laughed, stealing the trolley and walking ahead.

Thomas:
"Oi! Bring it back." He laughed, jogging up behind me.

Rebecca:
"Only if you promise you won't leave me tomorrow."

Thomas:
"I promise."

Rebecca:
I sunk back into Thomas, waiting impatiently for the chemo to be over. When I was younger, I'd colour or play with Robert as we waited. Jayken would tell me jokes or Elliot would put on a film for me. As I grew up, Jayken helped me understand what was going on and Drake would always manage to accidentally break something in the office.But none of them were here now. I was tired. I was bored. I could easily give up this fight. Thomas had his hand on my stomach, rubbing small circles with his thumb.

Thomas:
"You've not said much." He commented.

Rebecca:
"I'm just thinking."

Thomas:
"What about?"

Rebecca:
"How when I was younger, even if I was sick, it was so simple for me to be happy. Give me someone to talk to and they wouldn't get a word in, a colouring book lasted hours... I danced, I sung, I didn't let anything get in the way. I wish I was young again."

Thomas:
"If you let yourself, deep down, you know those things would still make you happy. I know it sucks, you are so mature about it too... but you're allowed to be a child too Rebecca." He said quietly, squeezing my hand as Louis walked in.

Rebecca:
Nausea was starting to gnaw at my stomach.

Nowh:
"How are you feeling?" He asked, taking out the chemo and immediately replacing it with another medicine.

Rebecca:
"Sick." I mumbled, looking up at him miserably.

Noah:
"The medicine should hopefully help with that."

Rebecca:
"Can I call them?" I asked , whining when they tilted the bed so I sat up. Noah handed me a sick bowl, seeing me gag.

Thomas:
"Parker is probably your best bet right now." Thomas suggested, picking up his phone and calling him. Thankfully, he held the phone up for me.

Parker:
"Hey hun, you ok?" He asked straight away. Seeing me curled up in Thomas's chest probably answered his question.

Rebecca:
"I miss you. I need you here now." I said, trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

Parker:
"I'm so close to being able to come, ok?"

Rebecca:
I nodded and closed my eyes.

Thomas:
"She's just had chemo so she's not feeling too great but she really wanted to call someone." Thomas explained, shuffling away from me as I tried to get out of his grip.

Parker:
"Ah right, why don't you call me when you feel a bit better Rebecca?"

Rebecca:
"No, I want you now."

Rebecca:
I shakily held the sick bowl, Noah rubbing my back.

Parker:
"I know you do, I know how different it is for you to not have Jayken or Elliot with you right now like usual. You need to just relax for a couple of hours."