Eternal Path 9

Leila

"You're definitely not okay but we'll talk about it after we check you" Dylan said. "Okay let's put an IV on and give her some painkillers first" Dylan said as Con nodded and went to grab the stuff he needed. "Okay relax your neck for me for a moment." Luke said as he brought his hands to the back of my neck and started moving around and pressing on different spots. He had a frown as he was checking and looked extra focused on what he was doing.

He's cute. After a while he removed his hands from my neck and grabbed his light but I knew what was coming this time so I closed my eyes before he could shine the light and blind me. "Come on Leila open your eyes I need to check for a concussion" Dylan said as I heard him sigh. "I didn't hit my head, you don't need to check." I said. "Your neck is a little stiff and even though you don't have any injuries on your head you could've hit it when the crash happened and not remember it because of the adrenaline and shock." He said and I groaned. "I didn't hit my head Dylan." I said stubbornly. "Fine." He said but as soon as he said it he lifted my eyelid with his thumb and shone a light to both of my eyes quickly. "Ughh I knew it." I said as I tried to get rid of the annoying dots from the light. "Hey good news you don't have a concussion." Dylan said with a smile.

"No shit Sherlock" I said back. "Hey last time I checked I was the doctor here not you , this is a routine check up for all the patients that come from accidents and car crashes." He said back and I sighed. Con was now on my side with all the needles and stuff but as soon as I saw them Dylan turned my head the other way. "Look at me not your hand your going to get dizzy and pass out." He said and I nodded. I felt a wipe on my hand. "Okay deep breath inLeila." Con said and as I took a breath in I felt the needle slide in. "Aaaaand out." He said taping the iv down.

"All done now you're going to feel a cold rush as I put the painkiller in but don't worry it won't hurt" he said and I closed my eyes as the adrenaline started washing away. "Leila you can't sleep now, we need to check your injuries." Dylan said and I opened my eyes. "Can't you guys do it later?" I asked tiredly. "No, we need to check now to see how serious they are." Con said as he lifted my shirt. As soon as his hands touched my ribs I winced and grabbed his hands just like I did back in the ambulance. "It hurts don't touch them." I said in pain. "I have to check Soph, I know it hurts but I really need to touch them to see how bad it is and if you punctured your lung." Con said and I almost cried thinking about it.

"Please, I'll do anything." I said begging him but it didn't work because Dylan grabbed my hands and held them close to my chest. Con started pressing on my ribs and abdomen moving around and feeling each one of my ribs. At this point tears were streaming down my cheeks and my breathing had quickened. "Okay done, I'm done." Con said he pulled away his hands. "I'm so sorry Leila but I needed to check." he said wiping my tears away and I just nodded. "Okay I'll need an X-ray to be sure but from what I felt you broke 8 ribs." he said and I looked at him with wide eyes. "8???" Thats why they hurt so much, last time Jackson beat me broke 3 of my ribs. "Yes, they are going to take a lot of time to heal and you'll need to wear a compression wrap but the good news is that you didn't puncture your lung." He said as I felt tears coming back to my eyes. Can't I catch a fucking break?

"I'm going to page Greg for the shoulder cause it looks dislocated and he probably needs to set it back." Dylan said and Con nodded. Meanwhile they checked my heart and lungs and they hooked me up to a bunch of heart monitors and things. After about 10 minutes Greg walked through the door looking down at some papers. "Sorry I was in surgery, you paged me for-" He froze as he looked at me. "Leila?" He said looking confused and concerned. "Hi Grge." I said, smiling uncomfortably. "What the fuck happend? Why didn't you page me earlier?" He said as he came closer to my side. "A car hit the side of my car and here I am, magical isn't it." I said as he looked at me worried. "That's not funny Lila." Grge said. "What's wrong? How are her vitals?" Greg also while looking at Luke and Con.