"if it happens then maybe." i smile.

"as long as you don't have a new boyfriend." he chuckles.

"well you better not have a new girlfriend, mister."i smile poking his chest.

"oh believe me. i won't. if i ever get the chance, you're it for me." he smiles. he looks down at me.

i kiss his lips softly, just to show my appreciation. i pull away and smile at him.

"dinners ready!" simone yells.

i smile as i look down at her. she motions for me and mikey to join her. mikey stands beside me and grabs my hand. he pulls me up from the stairs. we walk down the stairs together and into the kitchen.

with how content i feel, i can't help but wonder if i made the wrong choice. should i have chose to keep our relationship alive or did i do right by ending the relationship? i know for a fact i don't want to loose what we have but if it means my mental state will end up for the better, then i'm ok with it.

(2 months later, August 5, 2023)
summer flew by quickly. mikey and i spent every moment we could together. we went out with the crew three nights a week. the other four nights, we spent together. we had so many dinners that turned into foreplay and sex. don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining. i had fun, but i couldn't help but feel like this was us making up for college.

isaiah and xaela came. i promised him he could come and i didn't want him to be alone, so he invited xaela. zeke and ali were there. gabrielle and leo and samila and tom were there too. long story short, it was a couples trip.

mikey took me to as many places as he could that he saw on yelp or something. he really made this summer a memorable one. i also got to spend time with isaiah. it was nice to have some more brother and sister time before i leave for college.

"call me everyday." rose says, pulling me into a tight hug.

"i will." i hug her back. she gives me one good squeeze, then pushes me away.

"love you kiara." she smiles.

"love you too." i smile back.

tobiah pulls me into a hug. "if you need me—"

"give you a call." i finish.

he squeezes me tight then pulls away. he kisses my forehead.

"love you weirdo." he smiles.

"love you too luca." i smile. he rolls his eyes at me and attaches himself to rose's side.

isaiah is next to say goodbye. he's taking it better than i thought. he was a mess at my graduation, so i thought he would be worse when i left.

he looks at me with folded arms and an unreadable expression.

"you better fucking kill on the soccer field this year." he says.

"oh i will. you better believe it." i reply.

he pulls me into a hug. i smile and hug him back. i squeeze him hard, taking in our last hug for a while. a few tears fall from my eyes. isaiah pulls away from me before i can wipe them away, though he wipes them for me.