chapter 39

mikey pov
i open my eyes slowly. kiara's head lays on my chest, covered from her shoulder to toes in my sheets. i smile remembering the events of last night.

she gave me hell with that grapefruit yesterday. i should've listened to her and left it downstairs. i smile and shake the thought from my head.

i look to my left at my nightstand and grab my phone which is plugged into my charger. i immediately look at the time. 12:48.

i'd hoped for us to meet zeke and aliana at 1 but it's obvious that's not gonna happen, so i'll settle for 3.

i place my phone back on my nightstand. i look at kiara and smile. i kiss her forehead, eager to wake her. her eyes flutter. i smile and kiss her forehead again. her eyes open fully. she looks up at me. she smiles and closes her eyes as she scoots toward me.

"good morning mikey." she whispers.

"good morning kiara." i whisper back. "you ready for today?"

"what's today?" she mutters. she repositions her head on my chest.

"we're meeting with aliana and zeke." i say.

her eyes burst open. "shit." she rips the covers off of her, exposing herself to me. i immediately get hard just seeing her. "i still have to talk to ali." kiara sighs.

"well, we both have to take a shower. i'll turn on the water while you talk to her." i suggest.

"we can't take a shower together. remember what happened last time?" she says. she goes into my top drawer on my dresser.

"we didn't even have sex, kiara." i say.

"we were about to." she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"but we didn't." i smile.

she closes my drawer with a pair of my boxers and one of my shirts in her hands. she walks toward my bathroom door. i emerge from my bed. i follow kiara to my bathroom.

"you better not come in here playing." she says turning to face me.

"i'm not." i throw my hands up in surrender.

she steps into the shower. i grab one of the condoms from the top drawer of my bathroom sink. i smile as i step back. i throw the condom over the top of the shower.

"mikey!" she shouts.

i laugh.

"i told you not to come in here playing."

(later)
i pull up to texas roadhouse with zeke in the passenger seat.

"so aliana knows i'm coming?" zeke asks.

"yea, she knows. she wouldn't have agreed if she thought it was a date." i answer.

"so she's ok with the four of us hanging out?" zeke asks again.

"yea man. she's ok with it." i sigh.

"are you sure?"