chapter 25

kiara pov
"well, well, well. what do we have here?" marcos says. he looks at us with a wide smile. "i see my son has taught you well."

"go to hell." isaiah says.

"now now, isaiah. you're in no position to be making demands." marcos smiles. he places a finger over his mouth.

"what the hell do you want?" i ask angrily.

"my son. where is he?" marcos asks straight facing me.

"i don't know." i smile.

"where the fuck is my son, kiara?" marcos yells.

"nigga, if i knew, i would fucking tell you." i reply angrily.

"control you anger please, kiara. we are supposed to be having a civilized conversation." marcos laughs.

"get the fuck out of my house marcos." dad says coming out of literally no where.

"geo. so nice to see you again, old friend." marcos smiles with open arms toward dad.

"nice to see you too. now get the fuck out of my house." dad says.

"oh come on geo. you're not still mad about tara are you? or was it tiana?"

"fuck off." isaiah groans.

"dad what is he talking about?" i ask confused.

"nothing." dad mumbles.

"dad."

"oh he didn't tell you?" marcos smiles. "your father and i were best friends."

"what the actual fuck?!" aliana yells.

"your mother was dating your father, though she was cheating on him with me. eventually, she got pregnant, so she ran away with me."

"running from brightwood to raleigh is not running away. they're an hour and a half apart. should've took your ass to south carolina." i say sarcastically.

"tara told the doctors to tell me that tobiah was dead. they told me she didn't want to see me. that she was afraid i'd kill her. my sister, marila, told me she would look out for tara because tara was too scared to face me. marila kept me posted for a while, then she fell off the face of the earth." marcos explains.

"you're saying you fucked your best friends girlfriend?" isaiah questions.

"careful zay. she's still your mother." dad says.

"she ain't here to protect me though." isaiah shrugs.

"yes. i was with my best friends girlfriend while they were still together." marcos says.

"you're one sick mother fucker." aliana says disgustedly. "i guess i could say you're one sick girlfriend-fucker." aliana laughter fills the silence in the room. "nothing?"

"no." i reply quickly.

the sound of gunshots are heard from outside.